4Star Monthly. Please read D3.

Hi everyone.

Are you tired of opening tokens and not really expecting a 4 star? I feel there's such a little probability to earning 4 stars that it's hardly worth it, Not to mention pointless. You are forgiven if you sell a 4 star coz it's just a waste of space

Even if you earn a 4 star cover, it will 100% of the time not benefit you at all as we all know how 4stars scale the worst. Having 1 measely cover in a 4star seems hardly worth the effort of even having him on your roster at all.

Have you ever hit an enemy with 1 cover in XF Green? or Used Xavier purple with 1 cover in it? or have you hit your enemy with 2 red covers in hulk buster and you feel there's better red spells? redflag.png

May I suggest having a 4 star monthly event just like deadpool daily? Let's say for example next month is XF month. For that whole month players can earn 1 of each cover. That's 3 covers in that month.

Then next month after is invisible women for example.
Week 1= yellow yellowflag.png , week 2 = blueflag.png week 3 = greenflag.png week 4: a fun random event where players can earn iso and tokens.

Month 3 = Kingpin for example

Week1= Black blackflag.png
week 2 = pink purpleflag.png
week 3 = Yellow yellowflag.png

Month 4 = HulkBuster for example

Week 1 = Red redflag.png
week 2 = Black blackflag.png
Week 3 = Blue blueflag.png

Any feedback or suggestions on improvement, I'm all ears.

Thanks.
DragonPriest

Comments

• In TL DR:

4 stars don't really feel like apart of the game unless people coin up.

Even then, what about the players who are 270 + Days old like myself? Can we enjoy the game with 4 stars? The game that we have put so much time, effort, energy, emotions and frustrations in?

This 4star monthly seems like a decent idea. It's a start to making a piece of the game feel apart of the game.

Who Agrees?
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Would it be better if we tried to push for a world where drawn covers were not colored? Instead you got a +1 you could add to the power of your choice?
    (Ideally we would be allowed to shift the points between abilities, but that's asking for too much all at once.) When we compete in an event you are competing for a quantity of +1 points rather than covers of a particular cover.

Extend beyond there to a place where you had wildcard points with only a star value associated, and not a given character? So you could be awarded a 4* +1 that you could use for any power of any character? These would have to be exceedingly rare, but they could still be allowed to exist.

I guess I propose alternatives because I count 10 different 4* characters already. We are already in a situation where you are waiting almost a year to get a 1/1/1 of a given character - and then you still need to spend to get the rest of the way there...

I feel like a lot of recent changes are geared toward pleasing/retaining newer players.. and doing so for at least long enough to get them to invest $$ in the game. If that's the goal, give them a way to get have a Hulkbuster character before they lose interest and leave. Counting on them being desperate enough to just buy 40-packs until they get the 1/1/1 they need to whale the character up is a special kind of wicked.