Deadpool vs MPQ May 24 - May 28

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Was going to sit this one out, and then it looked like my alliance might make T100 (I need the Mystique, but not enough to worry about an individual T100), so I decided to wade into the PvE fray to put up some points between some bizarrely successful PvP runs...

Not sure what happened or why, and not really wanting to jinx it, but man, is my scaling reasonable for this PvE! Like, weird reasonable. To the point where my "normal" nodes (pins? nods? episodes? installments?) are beatable. Sure I take a boatlaod of damage, but I'm beating my normals! icon_e_surprised.gif

If I had even one of the three essentials, I probably could have made T150...

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was going to sit this one out, and then it looked like my alliance might make T100 (I need the Mystique, but not enough to worry about an individual T100), so I decided to wade into the PvE fray to put up some points between some bizarrely successful PvP runs...

Not sure what happened or why, and not really wanting to jinx it, but man, is my scaling reasonable for this PvE! Like, weird reasonable. To the point where my "normal" nodes (pins? nods? episodes? installments?) are beatable. Sure I take a boatlaod of damage, but I'm beating my normals! icon_e_surprised.gif

DBC

I am sitting pretty for a top 10.. but my mystique is fully covered.. got any falcon or R&G yellow to trade? Maybe a blade green or 2? cmon.. don't be stingy!

Don't you wish we could really do that /sigh
  • Unknown
    Options

DBC
    When no one plays, scaling is reasonable, when everyone plays scaling is ridiculous icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
  • Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options
    Why does the event have the 3 star.png Bullseye boosted, and the featured node needs the 2 star.png Bullseye?
    Unless there is a bug. I have the 3 star.png one, but never kept the 2 star.png (not enough roster slots), and I can't do this node.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Tharos wrote:
    Why does the event have the 3 star.png Bullseye boosted, and the featured node needs the 2 star.png Bullseye?
    Unless there is a bug. I have the 3 star.png one, but never kept the 2 star.png (not enough roster slots), and I can't do this node.

You do not need 2* bullseye anywhere in either node...

Maybe if you didn't have the 3* they made the 2* selectable??
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow, doom node with feeders went spectacularly bad for me. that was about the fastest I've ever lost a match. my first clear this morning the goons used some ap so I had a chance, not this time - all went through doom and after about 4-5 turns started spamming abilities and it was one after another after another. blegh.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    wow, doom node with feeders went spectacularly bad for me. that was about the fastest I've ever lost a match. my first clear this morning the goons used some ap so I had a chance, not this time - all went through doom and after about 4-5 turns started spamming abilities and it was one after another after another. blegh.
    this is the node i'm suprised they didn't tone down or change - doom + doombots is almost as ridiculous as Jugg + feeders
  • Malcrof
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    this is the node i'm suprised they didn't tone down or change - doom + doombots is almost as ridiculous as Jugg + feeders

Bring Cage and Spidey + 1 big damage dealer ( i am using 3Thor). Get those protect tiles up early and often. Beats it every time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    that might help but my spidey sits at 2/2/2 and my cage only at 2 red at level 91, so those don't do much good at the top. I started with Lthor/steve/hood and ended up going back to Lthor/hood/loki - seems to be my answer for everything at the top,
  • Malcrof
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    that might help but my spidey sits at 2/2/2 and my cage only at 2 red at level 91, so those don't do much good at the top. I started with Lthor/steve/hood and ended up going back to Lthor/hood/loki - seems to be my answer for everything at the top,

How is your Hulk? 5 Black and you can hulk bomb it with Kamala or Thor
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

Those feeders are nasty. Ares is a nightmare with them. Juggernaut as well. Got caught with them first try but taking them consistently now. Doom definitely is a priority target.

Remember the last time this event was up that node owned me over and over again. This event does seem a bit quieter than usual.

Surprising with 250hp up for grabs in each sub.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kill the goons in the Doom node! I kept losing when trying to kill Doom and then realized that the goons barely have any health. Stop the feed and it's easy.

Sentry Kingpin Daken was stupid too since I left Daken last as usual, but his CR spam is just too much to handle. I killed him first and was able to beat.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    Kill the goons in the Doom node! I kept losing when trying to kill Doom and then realized that the goons barely have any health. Stop the feed and it's easy.

Sentry Kingpin Daken was stupid too since I left Daken last as usual, but his CR spam is just too much to handle. I killed him first and was able to beat.
    I either kill Doom fast or if it's too scaled leave the node alone. You basically have to outrace Doom's first ability, which can be tinykitty annoying. Luckily Iron Fist and Patch are capable of these things...

Kill order: Kingpin(Too dangerous to be left alive) > Daken(if you can 1 shot him, you don't want him to just heal) > Sentry(Dangerous but low priority. You should be able to shrug off anything he does unless he Sacrifices a billion times)
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

I either kill Doom fast or if it's too scaled leave the node alone. You basically have to outrace Doom's first ability, which can be tinykitty annoying. Luckily Iron Fist and Patch are capable of these things...

Kill order: Kingpin(Too dangerous to be left alive) > Daken(if you can 1 shot him, you don't want him to just heal) > Sentry(Dangerous but low priority. You should be able to shrug off anything he does unless he Sacrifices a billion times)

Please tell me how to Patch properly. I recently got him fully built and he/daken/blade has become my go-to for pve node clearing because heals. I love the team, but they feel so slow. I don't feel threatening until KYEC comes up and it certainly doesn't come up faster than Doom + 2 feeds. You say Patch is fast so it must be the way I'm playing. Do you berserker right off the bat and just take damage? I usually try to wait to use it until I can end the game same turn. Too many times I feel this team is slow. Is it slow? Is it fast because of Patch? How would you generally play Patch if you aren't using strike tile stealers?
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Both ways have their merits and will work. Have cut of the supply so to speak in the past. Think that has how I eventually did last time this event run.

But have found the exterminate doom with extreme prejudice to work well.

Your right about that doom bots being a bit squishy. Can actually be a problem in deadpools if you are using a farm attack/strategy. Just not much time to gather ap before they go down.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I used Rocket & Groot/Loki/Hood, focused on Doom. It actually went pretty well. Yellow-rich board and killed Doom with Twin Pistols.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

Please tell me how to Patch properly. I recently got him fully built and he/daken/blade has become my go-to for pve node clearing because heals. I love the team, but they feel so slow. I don't feel threatening until KYEC comes up and it certainly doesn't come up faster than Doom + 2 feeds. You say Patch is fast so it must be the way I'm playing. Do you berserker right off the bat and just take damage? I usually try to wait to use it until I can end the game same turn. Too many times I feel this team is slow. Is it slow? Is it fast because of Patch? How would you generally play Patch if you aren't using strike tile stealers?
    Disclaimer: it depends on your scaling - if it's too low, patch/daken should just blaze thru Doom's shenanigans, if it's too high, either boost AP or hulkbomb or pray. My Patch is 5/3/5

Patch is pretty complicated. I'll keep it simple, and let's just talk about the Doom node.

Doom + 2 Doombots

So Doombots are actually pretty fair in that they have low HP, but the problem is, you're on a 2-3 turn clock to beat doom to his blackflag.pngblueflag.png (not to mention his purpleflag.png is building!). So your basic goal for this match is to somehow beat Doom to his first move. Which isn't easy. Some people would say take out the goons. I rarely do this unless they're Muscles.

Doom has a fair bit more HP than them, but I say take him down first. With Patch, as long as your enemy doesn't make matches(goons, Ultron), you have a crazy crazy advantage. My plan for patch is to soak up damage, ideally build a greenflag.png and have it waiting. Generally if you can get 2 greenflag.png then that's a sign you can eff the enemy up.

So the plan is: blitz Doom - because after you take down Doom, you're free to do whatever you want(namely, unleash lots of berserker rages)

Daken is powered up is his blueflag.png can take a big chunk out of doom if necessary, he can also tank if need be.

Don't worry about Patch redflag.png, if you get it, that's great, but its too slow for this combat.

After you take down Doom, you should have the strike tiles up/AP up to blaze thru the node.

But in general, my plan for patch is always tank/stockpile green(2 greens is usually enough for whoever), snipe Daken blueflag.png where it won't be detrimental, and use blade purpleflag.png ASAP(with 4-6 strike tiles).
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I am sitting pretty for a top 10.. but my mystique is fully covered.. got any falcon or R&G yellow to trade? Maybe a blade green or 2? cmon.. don't be stingy!

My Mystique is fully covered too. I'm letting myself slide down below top 150. I need that 2* Marvel cover for the Gauntlet! icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Don't mean to double-post, but since I got my bullseye progression I thought I'd do a play by play of the Doom node since it was asked about:
    Mine is NORMAL at Level 187/187/187.

Possible roster strategies:

Steve Rogers - good at taking down single targets like Doom

Hulkbombing - Hulk + Patch/Storm

Semiinfinites - almost any combination of any*Storm/any*Storm/Any*Thor/Loki/GSBW

SonOfMagStorm - Professor X/Quicksilver/Iron Fist

Iron Fist/Daken/Luke Cage - 2/3 are powered up and Iron Fist is OP as ****

Kamala + Others - Kamala's heal will probably give you the sustain you need to win this fight

Rocket and Groot - soak up damage and reset the board

But it sounds like Ruinate is interested in Patch/Daken/Blade so I'll use that team.

Teamups: None, if I really felt like winning I'd bring a stun/AP drain/board shake/something cheap(Jugg Green)

Boost: None, if I really wanted to win I'd pick up some + green AP

Turn 1: No green is availible, match 4 of purple

AI Turn: Steals my green, but there's enough red for Blade to get thirsty

Turn 2: Match blue, start building a Daken blue

AI Turn: pops out green CD, Blade still thirsty

Turn 3:No green matches, set up 3 seperate match 3s for 6 yellow and 3 purple, 3 purple turns into 4 purple

AI Turn: another green CD

Turn 4: No good matches, grab 3 black and 3 teamup

AI Turn: Doom gets rid of his blue teamup tile(RICHARDS!!!!!) and sets me up with a yellow match 5

Turn 5: Match 5 gives me enough for a nightstalker, grab a match 3 and try to kill doom next turn

AI Turn: irrelavant

Turn 6: blade is still thirsty, going to try 1-shotting the decoy with a Daken blue. He's still got 500 HP but Doom is a priority target so I'm just going to have to eat his shock CD next term to down Doom, get a yellow match 3 to down doom

AI Turn: Patch eats a CD smooth sailing from here, AI leaves me a crit tile

Turn 7: Use crit + purple to get enough AP for Blade purple, only a Brawler left(who'll be dead within 2 turns). Have enough tiles to max blade purple, so throw it down, cascades kill the Brawler.

~~~~~

Patch didn't actually do much that go round besides take damage and match, but I hope this helps ;)
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

My Mystique is fully covered too. I'm letting myself slide down below top 150. I need that 2* Marvel cover for the Gauntlet! icon_lol.gif

Once the Guantlet opens that's me sliding down as well.
    Not sure what to respec Mystique to at the moment 544

For the Doom node i switched over to downing him first, the goons have lower HP but Doom is busy building away to oneshot your team.

Thunderbolt mountain
    Kingpin then either Daken if i can one shot him or work on Sentry, until i can get close enough to one/two shot Daken.

Last node is just a time suck, tickle Hulk until you smack him. May try MagStorm this one next time but the scaling has gone through the roof so i can't be bothered..... it's only 150HP icon_eek.gif