Needs input: Radioactive Man

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited May 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Continuing on the Thunderbolts patch, I bring you Radioactive Man.

New_Thunderbolts_Vol_1_14.jpg
star.pngstar.pngstar.png Radioactive Man (Thunderbolts)
10650HPs

greenflag.png Radiation Poisoning. 10 AP
82106-114328-radioactive-man.jpg

Radioactive Man sense the enemy strengths, draining them of a random AP pool and dealing 60 damage per AP drained.
Rank 2. increase damage to 90
Rank 3. Place a three turn (radiation pill) timer tile. When the timer goes off, duplicate this ability.
Rank 4. Damage to increased to 120.
Rank 5. damage increased to 150; timer decrease to 2 turn.

:yellowflag: Consussive Strike ?? AP
561256-220431_18456_radioactive_man_super.jpg

:blackflag: Face Melter 5000 ??? AP
Q'Ran_(Earth-616)_from_Black_Panther_Vol_4_4_0004.png

Help me out, here. I'm not sure why Cheng Du is new and different, but he's bonkers. He's an energy manipulator. He could tap enemy AP pools and use that to damage them. That's sort of what I was going for with Radiation Sickness.

But here are his other abilities:

radiation emission as heat, "hard" radiation (inflicting opponents with nausea, dizziness, and radiation poisoning), and hypnotic light.
He can also absorb nuclear radiation without harm and convert it to energy for personal use such as strength enhancement or to cauterize wounds, create force fields, and emit electromagnetic radiation to deactivate machinery. He has shown the ability to leave behind "radiation pills", i.e. infusing a single individual with enough radiation to give him severe radiation poisoning and let the contamination spread in a large population.

So. Do we have an ability that drains enemy color X, which pulls a Fury and does an ability based on how many covers he has?
Say draining redtile.png from the board generates strike tiles for every 2 removed.
Maybe yellowtile.png does protect tiles.
bluetile.png does a heal or a single target stun.
blacktile.png deals flat damage
purpletile.png drains all enemy AP by 1, 2, etc.

What do you think? Honestly, I think he needs a Daken's strike tile derived ability, that procs no matter what. the problem is, Daken already procs on greentile.png , so maybe his yellow takes that role? Whenever yellow is matched, Radioactive Man generates attack.png tiles of Doctor Doom strength?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    he can also absorb nuclear radiation without harm and convert it to energy for personal use such as strength enhancement or to cauterize wounds

So, a little twist on the greenflag.png and a mix of Captain Marvel's yellowflag.png

blueflag.png Passive When he takes X damage, he generates X green AP and heals his team for X. The heal would be smaller than Kamala's since he is feeding AP to his team. Or make it a true heal off of green for himself, but when he heals, it steals. Heal amount increases with Charged Tiles.

infusing a single individual with enough radiation to give him severe radiation poisoning and let the contamination spread in a large population.
    yellowflag.png This would be a new mechanic. Creates an ENEMY countdown tile (this way the AI won't try to match it, sometimes). While the countdown is active.. insert your greenflag.png ability description here. So an enemy tile that hurts the enemy and takes their AP. ( The reason i make this an enemy tiles, is skills like OBW and Bagman can increase this tile counter. )

3rd ability would need to interact with that tile.
    greenflag.png Concussive Strile
    Radioactive Man sense the enemy strengths and weakness.
    Creates radioactive tiles and leaves a crater. Deals X damage for destroying X group of tiles, not generating AP. Leaves X charged tiles (more tiles etc scaled with covers) If contamination tile is present, destroys the tile dealing an additional X damage AOE but stunning him for X turns.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Jiminy jillickers!