Deleted posts by unknown forces

I think there's a glitch in the Matrix.

My recent post in this thread: http://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=29861 suddenly disappeared!

And the worst part is that there was no warning by PM or *editing by mods to tell me if it was offensive or infringed any forum rules.

Therefore I have come to the conclusion that it is indeed a glitch/bug/hacked issue going on here. Anyone care to weigh in?

matrix.jpg
"Deja Vu?" you say?! icon_e_surprised.gif

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I noticed that too! even though I'm on the opposite side of the argument in that thread. Some of the mods really need to hakuna their ****. icon_mrgreen.gif

At least one other post disappeared as well, because the straw man was on the 2nd page.

-- edit believe it was EvilPanda's post.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    daibar wrote:
    I noticed that too! even though I'm on the opposite side of the argument in that thread. Some of the mods really need to hakuna their ****. icon_mrgreen.gif

At least one other post disappeared as well, because the straw man was on the 2nd page.

And this post will disappear in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... poof, gone
  • Deadpooool wrote:

My recent post in this thread: http://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=29861 suddenly disappeared!

And the worst part is that there was no warning by PM or *editing by mods to tell me if it was offensive or infringed any forum rules.

Therefore I have come to the conclusion that it is indeed a glitch/bug/hacked issue going on here. Anyone care to weigh in?

matrix.jpg

Well, it's back on the main page now. . . . Maybe icon_invisiblewoman.png used her powers on your thread? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Deadpooool wrote:

matrix.jpg

Well, it's back on the main page now. . . . Maybe icon_invisiblewoman.png used her powers on your thread? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

My post isn't back. Watchu talkin' bout mang?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll try and find out the 'why'. Give me a day or two. Most of the red folks are at a con right now, so their forum time is pretty low.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Looked back through the logs through Friday and didn't see any deletions from the thread. I'm honestly not sure what would have happened there. Only post deletions in the recent past were obvious forum spammers that were immediately banned (and mostly in Off Topic anyway). I'll look into the disappearances, but not sure if I'll pull up anything. If anyone else sees anything missing, toss me a PM, maybe I can narrow things down more that way.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    daibar wrote:

-- edit believe it was EvilPanda's post.
    that damn evil panda. always up to no good
  • Thanks, Ice and GK.

FYI this was my original post:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    OP, it's dangerous to go alone! Take this.
    Y0P0BX1.png

Strangely enough when I quoted my post and evilpanda's again in that thread, that quote remains there.

I'm confused. icon_redface.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    The forums have gained sentience are are self-moderating.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Truly a mystery how useful posts that are relevant to the topic of the thread in question and generally contribute to discourse and pacific resolution just disappear like that. A most regrettable loss. icon_e_wink.gif
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Let me preface this post by saying that I don't have any concerns with my post being deleted if the moderators actually took that decision. I don't need anyone to get back to me either - it's a non-issue for me.

However, if the mods and admins are trying to troubleshoot a potential problem, let me offer this -

The 14th post in the link from the OP was the third post in a thread of quotes, and the first two are gone. Also, I think that the last post of mine that he quoted was actually already on the second page, so it appears that a whole section of the thread went missing. I also received some thumbs for the deleted post and in my reputation box it now references a 'deleted post'. Don't know if that helps but that's my attempt at a good deed for the day