Drop PVE node difficulty labels

Kaazz
Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
You guys clearly have no clue as to how difficult a node is, given your current labeling. When the ONLY way I can beat a 'normal' node is to boost AP, boost damage, use a powerful teamup AND get a lucky board, THAT is NOT 'normal' difficulty!

Let ME be the judge of how hard a node is, by looking at the team and their levels and powers. It makes it so much worse to get repeatedly creamed by 'normal', 'easy' or even supposedly 'trivial' nodes. It's bad enough to lose, but when you lose over and over, using your best teams, and the node isn't even supposedly hard, well that's like rubbing salt in the wound!

This has been a problem for as long as I've been playing the game - over a year now - but it seems to be worse these last few months. Just drop the labeling! It serves absolutely NO purpose other than to make you feel even worse when you lose!! PLEASE! I'M BEGGING YOU!!

Comments

• Agree! It's also amazing how I can struggle through an "easy" only to breeze through a "Hard" in the next round. I don't know how difficulty is calculated, but it is wildly inaccurate.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I think the labels have also gotten slightly jumbled in the retooling the PVE events have taken in order to streamline them to fit on 24-hour calendars with no offset end times or overlapping slices.

There also appears to be 2 different classes of nodes on the PVE maps: the first class seem meant to be approachable, and the second class being the weed-out nodes. The approachable nodes start out with reasonable enemy levels and often the enemies get weaker as the sub draws on. Like they are enticing some of the early-roster players to dive in and get some points (which is fine). The weed-out nodes start out at a level that intends to sting and they only go up from there. These are the nodes clearly meant to create separation between players in placement tiers. The juxtaposition of the 2 types of nodes makes the labels pretty jarring.. I go along the PVE map facing enemies of level 16, 24, 40, 250, 275, 300. The hockey stick bend in the difficult curve of the nodes is really wild. As scaling progresses.. these nodes have often ended 11, 20, 30, 350, 375, 395. The nodes labels might as well be changed to "embarrassingly easy" and "virtually impossible" and we'll just get rid of all the in-betweens.