4* transition

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I have been playing this game for more than 500+ days, very deep roster, I even have some 4* maxed (XForce, IW, Fury, 4hor), but right now I can t win more 4* consistently. With the new changes to PvP and a change of Jobs that doesn t let me play that much during the day I have been unable to get to the 1000 progression reward anymore (some shield problems didn t help)

I can be a top50 when 4* are presented, but this is just one cover, and I can t win any more covers in PvE (being first is out of reach in any PvE for me). Now that it is so difficult for me to get to 1000, and I can t win PvP either, what can I do? How can I win 4*? Any suggestions?

This is ruining the game for me, 3* are nice, but they are not that shiny icon_razz.gif

Comments

• My only maxed 4* is XF with IW being 3/3/3 and all others are with 1-3 covers so if I had 4 of them maxed, I wouldn't complain. As for a suggestion, if you don't think the game is fun anymore, take a break. I did it last summer and I will do it this year as well.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    http://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29331

Her was my topic on 4* transition and hopefully it will get answered in Q&A. I am 2 covers away from maxing 4Thor and I have been in 3* land for almost a year. 1000 points in PVP is possible sometimes on occasion for me more due to the fact of being able to play at the right times than than anything else.

1000 in PVP and placing 1st with token pulls should not be the answer to the 4* transition. $$$ should not b the answer either
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    http://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29331

Her was my topic on 4* transition and hopefully it will get answered in Q&A. I am 2 covers away from maxing 4Thor and I have been in 3* land for almost a year. 1000 points in PVP is possible sometimes on occasion for me more due to the fact of being able to play at the right times than than anything else.

1000 in PVP and placing 1st with token pulls should not be the answer to the 4* transition. $$$ should not b the answer either

When 4hor was launched I played very hard when it was presented and had some very lucky tokens. Then I could get to 1xxx in some of the events (we still had infinite shields) and I could allmost max Fury and 4hor in a couple of months, I already had a maxed XForce and IW at that time. With day rewards I completed these two 4* (I still needed some Fury covers and the yellow cover for 4hor). So it was far more easy at that time, diificult but doable. And as we only had 4 *, rotation was not that bad. If I only am interested in ProfX and IMHB covers we need a lot of time to even try to win the covers!

If you want to get to 1000, you have to plan really really well your events, so everything goes perfect. Last time in the Fresh Cut PvP I was playing for the blue IMHB cover and everything seemed to go really great, I had 938 points when I used my last shield, to wait for the last hop in the last half hour and pray, but then after I shielded I got attacked two times for 75 points!!! (How someone could attack me for 3x points each?!?!) And it was to late to do nothing. Eveything is so difficult now, matches are so long. Between new hps and buffed chars, we need an 'eternity' to win some matches...

And yeah, I really hope they say something new about this and roster slots in the Q&A
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    I have been playing this game for more than 500+ days, very deep roster, I even have some 4* maxed (XForce, IW, Fury, 4hor), but right now I can t win more 4* consistently. With the new changes to PvP and a change of Jobs that doesn t let me play that much during the day I have been unable to get to the 1000 progression reward anymore (some shield problems didn t help)

I can be a top50 when 4* are presented, but this is just one cover, and I can t win any more covers in PvE (being first is out of reach in any PvE for me). Now that it is so difficult for me to get to 1000, and I can t win PvP either, what can I do? How can I win 4*? Any suggestions?

This is ruining the game for me, 3* are nice, but they are not that shiny icon_razz.gif

Time slices really need to be looked at, because they are the problem.

I really wanted that yellow kingpin, but since everyone else did not, there was virtually nobody pushing for points, 1st in my bracket (on the usually popular last time slice) didn't even reach 1k! I noticed the same trend when I was trying for Star Lord's red. This was not the case for the more desirable 4*s, in fact blue Hulkbuster was incredibly easy, with 1st topping out in my bracket at 1300!

D3 has to realize that unpopular covers will be virtually impossible to obtain because their method is flawed. If they got rid of them there would be enough points for any cover. The 4 * transition will be rocky until this is looked at.