Did the way crit tiles process change?

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I've been noticing lately that I'll do a match-5, or get one as part of a cascade, but the crit tile isn't there afterwards even though there wasn't any kind of a match ready where it formed or where it should have landed. Didn't used to happen to me like that.

What I just noticed was a crit tile falling, lining up with a red on its left and two reds on its right and creating a johnny-on-the-spot match-4. Is that new? Has it always set off matches while falling and I just haven't paid attention?

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, it sometimes happen that the crit tile will match in mid-air or not get generated in cascade, for some completely random reason that I haven't been able to figure out. I'm pretty sure it's a bug but not one the devs seem to have been very interested to address. It's pretty hard to repeat the bug to test because it needs pretty specific board set ups.
  • DFiPL
    Yeah, it sometimes happen that the crit tile will match in mid-air or not get generated in cascade, for some completely random reason that I haven't been able to figure out. I'm pretty sure it's a bug but not one the devs seem to have been very interested to address. It's pretty hard to repeat the bug to test because it needs pretty specific board set ups.

An alliance pal says it's always been like that. He pays more attention to detail on those things than I do, so I'm inclined to believe him, but it's only in the past few days (since the Ninja **** bug) that I've started to notice crit tiles spawning but not being around when the cascade finishes and not having seen an obvious point at which they matched off. The midair one earlier this evening was the first time I've spotted a match-off like that.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    What you've noticed is a known issue, however the devs don't want us talking about it, so I'll refer you to the locked thread here instead: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17505

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    What you've noticed is a known issue, however the devs don't want us talking about it, so I'll refer you to the locked thread here instead: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17505

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
    It's not that they don't want people talking about it, it's that they are well aware of this issue and have been trying to fix it for a while. They had actually fixed it at one point and then it came back. Characters that generate this bug are:
    OBW
    Mystique
    Professor X
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Cypr3ss wrote:

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
    It's not that they don't want people talking about it, it's that they are well aware of this issue and have been trying to fix it for a while. They had actually fixed it at one point and then it came back. Characters that generate this bug are:
    OBW
    Mystique
    Professor X

I'm pretty sure that the list is more exhaustive than that. I don't use those three very often and I see the bug happen from time to time.

If anything, you need to include 2Mag, 2Storm, and Hood to the list, because it happened during a DDQ Big Enchilada and that is the team that I use for Big En.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    Cypr3ss wrote:

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
    OBW
    Mystique
    Professor X

I'm pretty sure that the list is more exhaustive than that. I don't use those three very often and I see the bug happen from time to time.

If anything, you need to include 2Mag, 2Storm, and Hood to the list, because it happened during a DDQ Big Enchilada and that is the team that I use for Big En.
    The list is likely bigger. Those are the three I can confirm it happens with though. All I know for sure is that sometimes it happens and other times it does not.
  • DFiPL
    Cypr3ss wrote:

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
    OBW
    Mystique
    Professor X

I was using 2Storm, 2Mag and 2Marvel when it happened.