Bug? PvE node point loss inconsistent

heckbringer
heckbringer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
A PvE event just finished where you could play any node any number of times and the other nodes on the screen don't lose points.

Some PvE events work that way, some don't (sometimes if you complete a node, other nodes lose some percentage of their point value dependent on the value of the node you just defeated).

I would prefer it if all PvE events worked so that nodes didn't lose value when you defeated another node, but mostly I would prefer that they all work the same so I know what's going to happen when I defeat a node.

Thanks!

Comments

• There's a rubberbanding that kicks in when you're very far behind. Although it's difficult to get the exact figures, it's roughly say if you're more than 10K behind the overall sub leader your points might be doubled. Let's say you're 15K behind the leader and you got a node that's worth 2500 base and another that's worth 2000 base. Since your points are doubled they'd appear as 5000 and 4000 to you, but if you do the 5000 point node you're no longer more than 10K behind so the 4000 point node goes back to 2000. Of course the change in points is more gradual than I described (otherwise you'd get a lot more points by doing the 4000 node first) but that's the rough idea.

On most events the rubberbanding is set at a pretty high number that it should never be possible to see it unless you're already way behind, especially on the one day subs.