Unnerf the AP boost limit!

slantedandenchanted
slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
This is obviously old news but my god, why would you guys nerf the AP boost limit to +2 rather than +3?!?! What possible freaking reason could you have for that because that was ****! Nerfing the selling price for covers was one thing but to nerf the AP limit? Are you freaking kidding me? You butchered the game by doing that ****, it was perfectly fine the way it was before so why fix something that wasn't even broken?

Now those AP bonuses are absolutely useless because +2 is barely worth jack, +3 AP was the perfect fit so the fact that you guys had to butcher a perfectly good game for some stupid nerf is beyond me.

I should also rephrase the fact that you guys nerfed the selling price for 3 star covers. What the hell was the point in that?! That was ridiculous.

Comments

• This is obviously old news but my god, why would you guys nerf the AP limit to +2 rather than +3?!?! What possible freaking reason could you have for that because that was ****! Nerfing the selling price for covers was one thing but to nerf the AP limit? Are you freaking kidding me? You butchered the game by doing that ****, it was perfectly fine the way it was before so why fix something that wasn't even broken?

Now those AP bonuses are absolutely useless because +2 is barely worth jack, +3 AP was the perfect fit so the fact that you guys had to butcher a perfectly good game for some stupid nerf is beyond me.

I should also rephrase the fact that you guys nerfed the selling price for 3 star covers. What the hell was the point in that?! That was ridiculous.

AP Limit refers to the amount of AP you can accumulate while in a match. You are talking about AP-Boosts. Just to help you understand the difference. I came in because of the subject line ready to run with you about lifting the AP Limit Cap. LOL.

Just to clarify, the devs have actually discussed & clarified their thought process about the AP Boost limit being dropped to 2. They didn't want teams walking into a match almost fully Ap'ed up for an AoE. With some teams, 5 AP was all you needed to fire. If you could fire an ability in the first round, they viewed that as a bad thing for game play.

Do I agree with this logic, meh. Really doesn't matter to me. This was actually a bad move for their $$$ flow. Because I used to spend HP on the AP-all boost. And now I have no need to because the game gives enough of them away that I usually keep a stock pile of them. And I am sure that there are a lot of players across the board (in and out of the forum) that no longer use HP for boosts.

Boost and Roster Slots were the only thing that I was willing to spend HP on. Now it's just roster slots.
  • slantedandenchanted
    slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    This is obviously old news but my god, why would you guys nerf the AP limit to +2 rather than +3?!?! What possible freaking reason could you have for that because that was ****! Nerfing the selling price for covers was one thing but to nerf the AP limit? Are you freaking kidding me? You butchered the game by doing that ****, it was perfectly fine the way it was before so why fix something that wasn't even broken?

AP Limit refers to the amount of AP you can accumulate while in a match. You are talking about AP-Boosts. Just to help you understand the difference. I came in because of the subject line ready to run with you about lifting the AP Limit Cap. LOL.

Just to clarify, the devs have actually discussed & clarified their thought process about the AP Boost limit being dropped to 2. They didn't want teams walking into a match almost fully Ap'ed up for an AoE. With some teams, 5 AP was all you needed to fire. If you could fire an ability in the first round, they viewed that as a bad thing for game play.

Do I agree with this logic, meh. Really doesn't matter to me. This was actually a bad move for their $$$ flow. Because I used to spend HP on the AP-all boost. And now I have no need to because the game gives enough of them away that I usually keep a stock pile of them. And I am sure that there are a lot of players across the board (in and out of the forum) that no longer use HP for boosts.

Boost and Roster Slots were the only thing that I was willing to spend HP on. Now it's just roster slots.

Woops, my bad. The AP boosts are kind of dumb now though but I guess that makes sense. That still doesn't explain why they nerfed the selling price of 3 star covers though. That was extremely dumb.