So since all the the PVE will only have a single nod. Gaunle

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,397 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Gaunlet will never come back? Since there was always an easy map, med.and hard map. now people might be saying WELL sim had easy and hard nods and they fix it, but you got to remember gaunlet gave away 3 3 star people, it would be very hard to even attempt doing that to the game.. the only way i could every see it working is to make it a 2 week event

Easy map 3 day
Med Map 4 days
Hard map 7 days

But i highly doubt they would ever do that.

wont say that i will miss the event that much

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gauntlet is a single sub in the sense that you must complete one map to move on to the next
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Honest questions I've always wondered about: Why do you call them nods instead of nodes?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honest questions I've always wondered about: Why do you call them nods instead of nodes?

I seem to recall him saying he posts from his phone (I could be remembering this wrong), so it's probably autocorrect.

On-Topic: I'd love to see another run of Gauntlet. Great structure.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    Gaunlet will never come back? Since there was always an easy map, med.and hard map. now people might be saying WELL sim had easy and hard nods and they fix it, but you got to remember gaunlet gave away 3 3 star people, it would be very hard to even attempt doing that to the game.. the only way i could every see it working is to make it a 2 week event

Easy map 3 day
    Med Map 4 days
    Hard map 7 days

But i highly doubt they would ever do that.

wont say that i will miss the event that much

I don't know what the fudge you talking about.

During Gauntlet, it's a play at your own pace for the duration of the event.

Individual sub lengths have nothing to do with running a gauntlet event.

Other than that, your post makes great sense.

That is except for the token buy screen indicates the gauntlet should be back next week.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. Take an observation from a specific context and turn it into an absolute rule.
    2. Apply said rule to a context it wasn't intended for.
    3. Freak out.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    1. Take an observation from a specific context and turn it into an absolute rule.
    2. Apply said rule to a context it wasn't intended for.
    3. Freak out.

And that's how you slidecage!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

Better question:

Why do we all call them "nodes" when the devs clearly refer to them as "pins"? (as shown in all the pre-release explanations of the Ultron event.)
  • DrStrange-616
    Vhailorx wrote:

Better question:

Why do we all call them "nodes" when the devs clearly refer to them as "pins"? (as shown in all the pre-release explanations of the Ultron event.)

That was interesting. I assumed that was an Ultron-specific thing because of the unique design, but maybe not.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Vhailorx wrote:

Better question:

I was bored and did some digging. Both Ice and Hi-Fi have refered to them as both pins and nodes.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19392&p=252827&hilit=+pins#p252827
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24709&p=306973&hilit=+node#p306973

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4110&p=67194&hilit=+pins#p67194
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3568&p=57486&hilit=+node#p57486

Let the debate rage on!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be willing to bet that "pin" is the term they use in a general sense, like when designing an event, since they are literally pretty much pins on a board, whereas "node" likely refers to a loaded and ready to go fight.

This is strictly theory, of course.
  • ecountdown.png Gauntlet ecountdown.png is my favourite event.

You play at your own pace, within the time limit of course.
    You actually progress in a meaningful way towards the end goal of 3 star.png character rewards.

I wish they used this structure ALL the time.

(sorry to slidecage but I have no idea what you were talking about.
    I just wanted to plug gauntlet as being my favourite aspect of the game)
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    My bigger concern re: next gauntlet, will we still have 2 3 and 4 star required characters? I will not be happy if we need IW (or whoever) to successfully get progression for one of the *** rewards...
  • slidecage
    There is 3 maps running at one time. They said only one event will run at a time so how are they going to push 3 covers into one map . saying there is almost no way to push 3 maps into 1.
  • DrStrange-616
    slidecage wrote:
    There is 3 maps running at one time. They said only one event will run at a time so how are they going to push 3 covers into one map . saying there is almost no way to push 3 maps into 1.

It's not concurrent subs; it's a progression. I don't see the issue.
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:

maybe im missing something but i thought it ran with 3 maps... complete one map you can move onto the next map, they said only one map will run at a time, so your trying to say its going to run for 2 weeks , I highly doubt they would make it for 2 weeks cause how else would you give away 3 3 stars on one map.
  • DrStrange-616
    slidecage wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

maybe im missing something but i thought it ran with 3 maps... complete one map you can move onto the next map, they said only one map will run at a time, so your trying to say its going to run for 2 weeks , I highly doubt they would make it for 2 weeks cause how else would you give away 3 3 stars on one map.

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Think of it this way - the gauntlet is really one long map broken up into three sections. There too many nodEs to fit in one. Each "sub" is a continuation of the previous. You must complete one portion to move onto the next. It's a progression. That is not the same as having two concurrent (running at the same time) but unrelated subs. I don't see why they would need to change the format of the gauntlet.
  • slidecage
    will see how its ran thursday i guess
  • Not sure how much you guys are joking to mess with slidecage. We did notice that Hulk only had 1 sub open as opposed to 2 like last time, and it was surprising to see Sim down to 1 sub. Guess this is what they meant by streamlined? Perhaps it's to deal with the complaints of people getting burnt out in PVE since they're trying to do everything, both easy and hard subs. It's kind of a hit to our hp wallets, but the subs seem on average faster at least.

There's no reason they wouldn't bring back Gauntlet as a 3 sub event. Claiming otherwise is over pattern recognition to the point where you're applying the wrong pattern to something that doesn't apply, somewhat schizophrenic.