Tiles Randomness

Hi all

i wonder if anybody notice some problems with tiles appearance

by problems, i mean : if you have your team full life, it's a normal game.

your team is not full life, 80 % chance for the ennemy to have like 2-3 match 5 on a row

and it's especially boring during versus

you don't have the HP for shield, you must always attack and heal,

try to save a heal pack and BAM ennemy's random match five appear

Comments

• Its just the way the human brain attempts to see patterns everywhere. I feel like I always get a free match five to start when I use a lot of boosts and the enemy always gets a ton of cascades when I'm trying to hit a progression rewards with one last game before an event ends. But that's just perception. The way the game is structured it isn't that unlikely for the enemy to get huge runs of "luck" especially now that battles are so much longer because of the HP buff.

The biggest cause is the advantage the player has because we get first turn and get to choose which enemy to target. Because we are given this huge advantage the devs feel like they have to compensate by making scaling insanely high. Most battles this isn't an issue because our advantage is so strong but it causes those battles where one turn leads to a wipe.

Theres also the issue where the AI doesn't really need to win. Just cause damage. You can see this at play in the design of the characters and goons most often seen in PVE. Sentry, Ragnarok, and Juggernaut all have abilities that damage themselves/their team. These abilities aren't as much about winning as they are about doing damage.