New power thoughts

Options
Boommike
Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
edited May 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
While musing how long it takes to build ap for some powers, I thought about the idea of the opposite (I'm sure I'm not the first). What are your thoughts on a character with power(s) that require 2-4 ap but are small damage? I'm thinking they'd have to have lower health so that they were balanced and would discourage hoarding that color ap and unleashing attack after attack.
Also would be a ridiculous combo with Kamala yellowflag.png

Comments

• Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The existence of huge strike tiles makes any direct damage dealing abilities at 2-4 AP unlikely, especially if that power was in a color that can be generated by other powers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The existence of huge strike tiles makes any direct damage dealing abilities at 2-4 AP unlikely, especially if that power was in a color that can be generated by other powers.

i think Gamora red and Daken Blue may be as low as it goes.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, they definitely ran away from 2 ap powers. It's just too easy to abuse, and we won't be seeing them anymore.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Don't forget starlord yellow...

That skill alone prevents any damage ability being costed at anything less than 5.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Boommike wrote:
    While musing how long it takes to build ap for some powers, I thought about the idea of the opposite (I'm sure I'm not the first). What are your thoughts on a character with power(s) that require 2-4 ap but are small damage? I'm thinking they'd have to have lower health so that they were balanced and would discourage hoarding that color ap and unleashing attack after attack.
    Also would be a ridiculous combo with Kamala yellowflag.png
    take a visit to speculation/concepts