Does anyone remember Dell Rusk?

AaronTheLuigi
AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I forgot until recently when I saw someone else play the prologue that Dell Rusk (Red Skull's disguise during the Dark Reign event I believe) actually has dialogue in this game, meaning Norman's not alone when it comes to NPC's who only talk.

If you (re)play "Tony's Private Office" in the 1st prologue chapter you can see him in the cutscene before the match.
nPTgYFll.jpg

EDIT: Thanks to KingOzymandius for this post to sort out the comic history of Dell Rusk.
Assuming you're talking about the comic books, Dell Rusk (Red Skull's alias he used when acting as the U.S. Secretary of Defense) predates Dark Reign by about 6 years or so. Dark Reign started in 2009 and the Avengers story with "Dell Rusk" was in 2003.

Red Skull didn't have much to do with Dark Reign at all, actually. After engineering "The Death of Captain America" he didn't really crop up again until Steve Rogers returned. Then he became a giant robot and died. His daughter, Sin, played at being his successor. Most recently, a clone took possession of the late Prof. Xavier's brain and tried to mess with the minds of everyone on the planet until he was foiled by Magneto and a team of villains.

Comments

• Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    I forgot until recently when I saw someone else play the prologue that Dell Rusk (Red Skull's disguise during the Dark Reign event I believe) actually has dialogue in this game, meaning Norman's not alone when it comes to NPC's who only talk.

If you (re)play "Tony's Private Office" in the 1st prologue chapter you can see him in the cutscene before the match.
    nPTgYFll.jpg

I had forgotten as well. I remember now, I was excited to see where they would go with that....I guess I'll go back to waiting. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shoot, I didn't remember that in the first place. Huh.
  • KingOzymandius
    KingOzymandius Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Assuming you're talking about the comic books, Dell Rusk (Red Skull's alias he used when acting as the U.S. Secretary of Defense) predates Dark Reign by about 6 years or so. Dark Reign started in 2009 and the Avengers story with "Dell Rusk" was in 2003.

Red Skull didn't have much to do with Dark Reign at all, actually. After engineering "The Death of Captain America" he didn't really crop up again until Steve Rogers returned. Then he became a giant robot and died. His daughter, Sin, played at being his successor. Most recently, a clone took possession of the late Prof. Xavier's brain and tried to mess with the minds of everyone on the planet until he was foiled by Magneto and a team of villains.
  • DFiPL wrote:

Has this always been in the game? I don't remember ever having seen it.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

Has this always been in the game? I don't remember ever having seen it.

Neither did I, that's the thing. And I would swear I've read every word of dialogue in the Prologue at least 3x each.

But I don't remember seeing that before.