Game crashes count as loss

Sickboy254698
Sickboy254698 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
Game just crashed on me right after I started a match but before I made a move. Not the first time I've had the game crash but it is the first time it happened during a match. I loaded the game back up and sure enough I lost 16 points in the current PvP event and 3 of my characters were at 50% or so health. Not exactly what I expected.

The game should be able to tell the difference between the app being killed, in which case a loss is expected, or the app crashing. I think it's a little unfair that isn't part of the startup process after an unexpected shutdown of the app.

Comments

• Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    noticed this when I first started playing and submitted a ticket, here is the reply I received:

D3PA Customer Support (D3Publisher)

Feb 10, 14:10

Greetings D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3Publisher Support.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with the app.

Please note that when the game shuts down, any current battles are automatically retreated and your team incurs the consequences of a retreat; damaged health, used boosts, etc.

This damage is an anti-cheat provision in place for when players force-close the app, so that they don't retreat from battles with no penalty. Unfortunately, players who experience a crash are automatically treated the same as players who have force-closed the app because the device reads both crashes and force-closes as a form of restarting the app.

Here are a few things to try in the meantime while we try to narrow down the issue:

- Make sure you have enough space on your device or your SD Card. (Full devices can run slower)
    - Make sure your OS is updated to the most recent version and that you have the most recent version of the game.
    - Restart your device often, especially if you are experiencing lag.
    - Try clearing your cache.

iOS users can clear their cache by going to Settings>Safari>Clear History. Please also make sure to also select "Clear Cookies and Data".

Android users can clear their cache by downloading a cache cleaning program, or by going to Menu>Settings(System Settings)>Application Manager(Apps). From there you can tap each application and select "Force Stop" and then "Clear Cache".

If none of our suggestions helped to resolve this issue, can you please let us know the following:

- Are you playing on wifi and/or 3G/4G?
    - Do you notice anything odd preceding the crash? Sluggish game play, extended load times, etc.
    - How much disc space is available on your device?
    - Is your device otherwise behaving normally?
    - Are you playing on multiple devices with the same account?
    - Is your device rooted or "jail broken"?
    - Are you running multiple apps/programs in the background?

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team (AJG)
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Now, I'm not well versed in the intricacies of iOS, but I don't see how clearing Safari's cache, cookies and data will help performance in an unrelated application...