just saw my first 63AP cascade

2»

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a pity you didn't get a screenshot. This defeats my previously held record of 61 AP cascade.

EDIT: Nevermind, you added it later. Congrats! We have a new record-holder!
  • I have a screenshot of a second round 102 ap cascade by the opponent somewhere. I'll look around.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    I have a screenshot of a second round 102 ap cascade by the opponent somewhere. I'll look around.
    wow - 102. I saw this one and can't imagine just seeing that continue and continue. unbelievable.
  • throvolos
    throvolos Posts: 49
    I've noticed a huge uptick in large cascades by the AI as well.

Two additional observations:
    1) The lower the level of the AI opponents, the more likely YOU benefit from cascades (I don't know what the threshold is, I just know that I never get cascades against higher level opponents like I do against low-level ones)

2) The AI has become extremely lucky at destroying my tiles
    To the point of: "It can't be just luck". You put an Attack tile on the board with no match in sight, AI fires off a tile-destroyer/changer and poof your Attack tile is gone. AI destroys a random column or row? Hits that tile 80% of the time.

I think the AI firing off an ability of a character that's about to go down is great, it is what players would do, but NOT if the AI is going to constantly get cascades and benefits of random targeting that almost never misses.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    I have a screenshot of a second round 102 ap cascade by the opponent somewhere. I'll look around.
    wow - 102. I saw this one and can't imagine just seeing that continue and continue. unbelievable.
    I put my phone down shaking my head as if I was in a sitcom, looking at the camera. I brought my phone back up and it was still going.

So far I only found my biggest Surgical ever:

http://imgur.com/6pkd59b

I'll find that infinite cascade though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my guess is if you play the game enough times, odds are you'll encounter some of the most extreme outliers of probability sometimes and when they happen - wow. 12K of match damage in one go... wow.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    ya man holy wow 12k damage from a SS, nice work
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    TxMoose wrote:
    my guess is if you play the game enough times, odds are you'll encounter some of the most extreme outliers of probability sometimes and when they happen - wow. 12K of match damage in one go... wow.

12 K was his Surgical Strike, he said he was still looking for his crazy cascade.
  • I have screenshots of 102 AP first turn for me and 72 AP first turn for AI. Just can't get either one to post on here. Is there some secret to getting images to post?
  • papa07 wrote:
    I have screenshots of 102 AP first turn for me and 72 AP first turn for AI. Just can't get either one to post on here. Is there some secret to getting images to post?
    There's a limit in how big the pictures can be. When you try to post it it should tell you how many pixels wide. Search Google for "resize picture online" and use the size.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    So I can't top 63, but I did enjoy 51 this evening on my first turn against a maxed PvP team. 48 from the cascade plus a match three to end my first turn. Needless to say, I won handily, dropping whales on round three or four.

It's not just the AI. Sometimes the RNG gods smile on the players too. (I'm just used to it being *other* players... icon_e_wink.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    I put my phone down shaking my head as if I was in a sitcom, looking at the camera. I brought my phone back up and it was still going.

That's impressive. Was this pre-nerf or after?
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    I've had an 84 AP AI cascade in the past.

It was about 6 months or so ago now though, so doesn't support the argument that cascades have got worse.

I personally think this is a perception thing, that is a direct consequence of the higher health. Matches go on longer meaning that there is a greater chance that something out of the ordinary is going to happen.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

That's impressive. Was this pre-nerf or after?
    After. I'm not sure it was even possible pre nerf