Nova (Richard Rider) ***

Options
Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Nova (Richard Rider)
3 Star Rarity (Rare)
At Max Level: HP: 9,265 Tile Damage: 70/61/79/13/11/12

blueflag.pngWorldMind Energy Manipulation(Passive)
Nova calls upon the WorldMind to aid him in combat, turning the enemy's energies against them.
3 Covers: Each time you match a "Critical" Tile to Blue Tiles, You may place 1 Blue Tile and 1 Red Tile on the board.
4 Covers: Each time you match a "Critical" Tile to Blue or Red Tiles, you may place 1 Blue Tile, 1 Red Tile and 1 Yellow Tile on the board.
5 Covers: Each time you match a "Critical" Tile to Blue, Red, Yellow or Team-Up Tiles, you may place 2 Tiles of that type on the board, then place 1 of each other type.

redflag.pngNova Force11 redtile.png
Richard unleashes the Nova Force, channeling his energy through his arms to blast his foes to smithereens.
3 Covers: Deals 2295 Damage ; If the Target is Downed by this damage, deals 25%% of that damage to the second target.
4 Covers: Deals 3100 Damage ; If the Target is Downed by this damage, deals 45% of that damage to the second target.
5 Covers: Deals 4581 Damage ; If the Target is Downed by this damage, deals 60% of that damage to the second target ; If that Character is Downed by that damage, deals 100% of that Damage to the Third Target.

yellowflag.pngXandarian Tech8 yellowtile.png
Nova calls upon the technologies of Xandar to increase his fighting strength and amplify his powers of energy and gravitational control.
3 Covers: Creates (2) 1 Turn Countdown Tiles (Produce Strength 88 Strike Tiles) ; (1) 3 Turn Countdown Tile (Produces Strength 185 Strike Tile) ; (1) 5 Turn Countdown Tile (Steals 2 AP from enemy's Red AP Pool).
4 Covers: ; (3) ; (2) ; (1)
5 Covers: 1 Turn ; 2 Turns ; 4 Turns

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can see this working, albeit with some yellow tuning. I think they would sooner rip Beast's blue, or at least rocket and Groot.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The blueflag.png would make him a great pair with Bullseye or Prof X! What would first and 2nd covers do?

redflag.png I like the way that works, but i think it should be residual "leftover" damage, say a target gas 1500 hp left, and you hit him with a 4k blast, the % of the remaining 2500 would go to the next target. Thoughts?

yellowflag.png could always make it a passive, a mini prof x type ability, but instead of instant, it places a CD tile, so it won't be OP. If a power is used, he places X turn CD tiles that generate X

I have been working on a Nova for a while, you beat me to it, very nice!
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm unsure how the blue passive works. Does it trigger when you match the appropriate color and it results in a crit tile OR when an existing crit tile is matched with tiles of those colors (even just two of them)?

If it's the latter, it might chain several moves before it runs out of tiles on the board. And what if the crit matches with say both red and blue? Does it trigger twice or one of the colors (the default one?) is chosen and the rest ignored?

Anyway, the power sounds very cool, but also like it could cause problems.
    Just think about pairing with mnMags who can both add red and blue to the board and generate crits.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kolence wrote:
    Just think about pairing with mnMags who can both add red and blue to the board and generate crits.

you forgot IMHB.