Suggestions after (almost!) 300 days of MPQ

Ralph-Wiggum
Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
I am about to reach the 300 day mark with MPQ and I've spent way more time on this game than is good for me. Over that time a lot of things have been changed, mainly for the better (yay DDQ!). I do, however, have some suggestions/feedback about general game play (rather than certain character powers that everyone has opinions on). None of my suggestions would be hard to change and, obviously, I think they would all make the game better/less frustrating for many of us. Most of these things have probably be mentioned before in disparate threads, but I feel the need to compile all my main points together here. I don't know if the developers read these threads, but I would hope that they at least glance them over occasionally since we are all here to try to make the game better. So here are my suggestions, in no particular order, grouped by broad topics:

Rewards

1) Get rid of the critical damage boost as a reward for beating a PvE node. Maybe some people use them, but to me they are just a wasted reward. I hate beating a hard node for the first (or 5th) time only to be "rewarded" with something I never use. Either replace it with another reward or just get rid of it all together.

2) The 20 ISO reward for beating a node is incredibly annoying. What is the reason for it? Why not just let us earn the 4 possible rewards the first 4 times we beat a node and then go to the 20 ISO reward? All this does is frustrate the player.

3) I've never quite understood the progression reward structure. Why is 500 ISO always the penultimate PvE progression reward when we've previously gotten 1,000 ISO? Shouldn't the rewards always get better? I've never understood why that reward is 2,000 ISO.

4) The rewards for the PvP Shield Simulator are ridiculous. As I said, I've been playing this game for almost 300 days and now have a fairly decent stable of 3* characters. Still, I've never gotten past the 1200 point mark in the Shield Simulator. You know what the reward for 1200 points is? A 1* cover. What player than can get that high still needs a 1* cover? Since there are no ranking rewards for the Shield Simulator at the end of each season (maybe there should be?), the only current reason to play in the simulator for most of us is to boost your season points or gain ISO from each fight (unless you're one of the few who can reach the 2000+ mark).

I would suggest stopping the 1* cover rewards around the 300/400 point mark and the 2* rewards around the 1400 point mark. If you start giving out 3* covers at the 1500 point level, I bet you'd see a lot more people playing the Shield Simulator. The other option is to remove losing points from losing battles in Shield. Because, at least in my experience, once you reach the 1200 point mark you are just constantly being attacked.

5) I know the developers have stated that being able to scroll through the entire PvP rankings would put a lot of work on their server. But we don't need to be able to scroll through the entire list. What we need is the ability to see how many points the person at each of the reward cut-offs has (i.e. the top 10, rank 25, rank 50, rank 100, etc). That information would be invaluable in knowing whether it's worth it to keep grinding or to stop.

3* to 4* transition

1) The DDQ has been great to help with the 2* to 3* transition. But the 3* to 4* transition is still just as hard as it's always been; maybe even harder now since there are more 4* characters. Why not have something like the DDQ for a 4* cover? Maybe not daily, but weekly or semi-weekly? Of course, I think the nodes to get that cover should be harder than the current DDQ nodes and, just like the DDQ, you should already need to have that character. But at least this would allow us to gain 4* covers at a somewhat predictable pace. After 300 days, I currently have a total of 18 4* covers across 5 characters (and Wolverine has by far the most covers). At this pace, it would take me 3 years to have a fully 4* team that would be decent. I understand that the developers make money through IAP and I'm guessing that buying covers from purchased HP is probably one of their biggest money makers. But feeling as if a character won't ever be viable without putting in $$ seems like it would discourage putting in money in the first place.

Random/Miscellaneous

1) I don't know how difficult this would be, but it would be great if there was a way to see the current number of players in a PvP or PvE bracket before choosing a time slice. There are whole threads designed for this now so obviously this is something people need.

There are probably a few more suggestions that I've forgotten to put down, but these are the main ones that I've been thinking about. I'm not a coder, but I would think that most of them wouldn't be too difficult to implement (the 4* DDQ being an exception, of course). As I said, I'm sure many of these have been discussed before in various topics, but I just wanted to put down all my thoughts in one place. Hopefully someone finds them useful!

Comments

• Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    I agree with you totally on the reward situation and have a thread on it specifically. 20 ISO should not be given out until all the top rewards are done. With 8 hour refreshes on a 24 hour event, I barely get all of the rewards from the nodes now. I still think the 20 ISO needs to be replaced with a percentage of the levels of characters faced. I don't want to play against a team of 200+ characters and only get 20 ISO. That's just wrong.

As far as the 3* to 4* transition, I'm not there yet completely. I'm still in the 3* buildup phase so I can't really comment, but I do think it needs to be revisited. Maybe not something as drastic as DDQ, but something to help out a bit for the people that can't always reach the 1000 pts or 1st place all the time. I don't want it too easy, but ease the 3* people into it a bit faster.
  • This was one of the best suggestion write-ups I've seen. All of these are viable and should have some consideration.