Visual Indicators For 'If' Abilities

Runningwild
Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
One thing I really wish can be implemented into Marvel Puzzle Quest is some sort of visual indicator for character abilities that require a certain mathematical or time consuming effort to decipher. An example is The Punisher's Retribution which reads, "The Punisher draws his sidearm and finishes what he started. Damages the target for 118. If they are below 20% of their max health, he downs them.".

Another scenario uses X-Force's Surgical Strike for example - "Wolverine attacks with ruthless precision, crippling his enemy’s ability to retaliate. Destroys every tile in the enemy team’s strongest color, dealing 55 damage per tile. Does not generate AP."

I am sure there could be a visual indicator put in place that tells the player either when a scenario is reached or the colour an ability will target. For Surgical Strike, perhaps have an outer glowing background corresponding to the enemy's strongest colour pulsing behind the black orb you select to fire the Surgical Strike ability. With mathematical abilities, perhaps have the red dot pulse or glow a brighter red on The Punisher to indicate it is within it's parameters of effectiveness to down an enemy.

Same with Blade's Nightstalker. When you select the green countdown tile, it would be really cool if instead of just describing what the countdown tile does, it also told you the AP colour it was stealing.

This is one thing that I feel would make the game that much better. It would certainly save lots of time scrolling through enemies to see who has the strongest colour, etc..

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    One thing I really wish can be implemented into Marvel Puzzle Quest is some sort of visual indicator for character abilities that require a certain mathematical or time consuming effort to decipher. An example is The Punisher's Retribution which reads, "The Punisher draws his sidearm and finishes what he started. Damages the target for 118. If they are below 20% of their max health, he downs them.".

Yes, very annoying. I have to use my calculator every time the enemy is low to see if it has less than 20% health.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe a little indicator like what A little off the top leaves .. that would be nice

Also, for strongest color, i have yet to decipher what that meant.. is it the strongest match color? Does it change as you down enemies? I used a surgical strike team up, and the AI had 17 blue and 16 green.. and it took out their 2 team up tiles... waste of a team up, and very disappointing, it was the first and only time i have ever gotten to try that ability as i have no cover for it on my Xforce.
  • Runningwild
    Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I have always assumed it is the enemy team's strongest match colour but even after looking through their stats, the attack simply ignores what I thought it was.