Overkill

Not sure if this has been posted before...

But how about a power that, if the damage dealt exceeds the health remaining, spills into the next target.

i.e. Rather than having all 7k damage of Righteous Uppercut be wasted on someone with only 5k health, that the remaining 2k damage is dealt to the next guy in line.

Just a thought...

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The way you improve a power like this is by:
    1 - increasing the amount of base damage it is able to do, and more importantly
    2 - increasing the percentage of the excess that is allowed to spill over

For example with 1 cover you get 20% of the overkill, then 25% then 30%. With 4 covers it could jump to 40, and then 50% at 5 covers.

I am picking modest values for the overkill because that will (hopefully) translate into a power with a bigger up-front damage number available for the 1st target. If you wanted to have a full conversion that is going to make them think they need to either raise cost or reduce the up-front potential of a power.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if this has been posted before...

But how about a power that, if the damage dealt exceeds the health remaining, spills into the next target.

i.e. Rather than having all 7k damage of Righteous Uppercut be wasted on someone with only 5k health, that the remaining 2k damage is dealt to the next guy in line.

Just a thought...
    You should also think about what happens when the AI does that to you. You know how when the AI is about the drop a bomb on you, so you put your almost-dead character in front? Do you REALLY want that bomb to take out two of your characters??