thinking about restarting

Options
yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I am thinking about restarting the game.

I am up to Oscorp and end of Venom in PvE. My level 1 team is hovering in the late 20's+, got a few low level 2*'s and a handful of better covers. Low on ISO now. Have another few random 2's waiting to be recruited and just had to sell some almost fully covered not great people to make some space and am missing them in case I need for future quests.

I am curious about a couple of things. What is the threshold where you move from the 1* towards the 2 and then onto 3*.

Also how do you use the Recruit Heroes, one at a time allowing careful use of roster space or all at once? Other?

Thanks!

Comments

• Unless you wasted HP on something other than slots, there isn't a whole lot of reason to restart.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    So, I am thinking about restarting the game.

I am up to Oscorp and end of Venom in PvE. My level 1 team is hovering in the late 20's+, got a few low level 2*'s and a handful of better covers. Low on ISO now. Have another few random 2's waiting to be recruited and just had to sell some almost fully covered not great people to make some space and am missing them in case I need for future quests.

I am curious about a couple of things. What is the threshold where you move from the 1* towards the 2 and then onto 3*.

Also how do you use the Recruit Heroes, one at a time allowing careful use of roster space or all at once? Other?

Thanks!

There really is no threshold from transitioning from 1* to 2* and then 2* to 3*. The only thing that holds you back is getting the covers and then the ISO. If you have those, then go for it.

As for Recruiting Heroes, that's really up to you. You can get Heroes as Progression Rewards in the PVE or the PVP or get them from tokens you get, random of course.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I would definitely recommend not restarting. There are very few mistakes you could have made that aren't fairly correctable in the very early stages.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I would definitely recommend not restarting. There are very few mistakes you could have made that aren't fairly correctable in the very early stages.

Listen to him^^^
  • yogi_
    Options
    Such wise words.

Yeah, there is no particularly strong strong reason I have for doing so.

Perhaps I should set myself a quest of getting max levels for all the characters, starting with the 1*'s.

Having just typed that, I already see flaws... max. Bag-man anyone? Won't I be laughing when he gets rebalanced!

I shall ponder further.
  • yogi_
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Accidental post.
  • I spent 50HP on one of those guaranteed *Widow pulls, I think 125HP leveling up something or other for *Storm, and once bought a standard pull for 500 ISO. I don't see how you could mess yourself up so badly you'd need to restart, because you'll squander some resources before you learn how the game works, but the amounts involved are negligible even by 2* standards.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Such wise words.

Yeah, there is no particularly strong strong reason I have for doing so.

Perhaps I should set myself a quest of getting max levels for all the characters, starting with the 1*'s.

Having just typed that, I already see flaws... max. Bag-man anyone? Won't I be laughing when he gets rebalanced!

I shall ponder further.

Do not sink any more iso into 1 stars than you have to. Upgrade them just enough so you can finish the prologue missions.

Save your iso for 2 star and 3 stars you will eventually earn.
  • No real problem with maxing modern storm, and possibly widow as well. Depending on what your 2* characters look like, those two can very efficiently back up a lot of different tanks. I still use Modern Storm in PVE (she was a first tier choice for 230 level Maggia Goons during TaT).
  • Get your 1* Iron Man, Black Widow and Storm characters up to max and you'll be in good shape for a while. Then you probably don't want to spend ISO on 1* characters anymore and focus on the useable 2* ones.

Restarting isn't going to do much. I've restarted recently on my tablet since I had to factory refresh and wanted to see how the new user experience was. It's sucky. Just keep grinding out those standard recruit tokens (you can get one per LR no problem) and work your way up to some useable 2*'s...
  • yogi_
    Options
    Out of curiosity, is it actually possible to max level all the 1's (as a goal within itself) and then onwards? or it is just too difficult / not enough ISO for when you get to harder levels.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Out of curiosity, is it actually possible to max level all the 1's (as a goal within itself) and then onwards? or it is just too difficult / not enough ISO for when you get to harder levels.

Oh yes.
    In fact, despite the advice of others in the thread ( who started play earlier when it was easier to place in events with 1* characters ), I would recommend maxing IM35, MBW, and Storm before trying to get 2* characters rolling.

And never ever put ISO into Bagman, you're gonna toss him. icon_e_smile.gif