ultron compensation

thedude
thedude Posts: 55
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
All well and good compensating those in rounds 7 and 8, but what about those of us who couldn't even clear round two because of the alliance system?

I'm in a different time zone to most of my alliance, when I started the event I was put in a new alliance. Only two other people joined over the course of the event, so there was no way the three of us were ever going to win anything.

So as I said, no problem that the top alliances get compensation for the event not working as intended, but it would be nice to get some recognition for those of us who were stuck in an almost empty alliance, surely this was never intended either?

Comments

• Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    It was an alliance event posted way ahead of time giving people ample time to find an alliance.

You want compensation for not being proactive in finding an alliance, and then, not recruiting? /facepalm
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    So why were you put in a new alliance again? I ran this event with 2 separate alliances and had not a single issue with varying time zones.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    So why were you put in a new alliance again? I ran this event with 2 separate alliances and had not a single issue with varying time zones.
    Afaik there was a glitch during the early parts of the first run, when there were server issues, where some people got tossed out of their alliance and had to join another one.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I heard something about not hitting leave alliance if it was acting up. Not sure if joining an alliance while the wrote was occurring caused a problem too.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are other problems as well

If you was in team A when this was going on and moved to team B now you will not get the compensation. I was booted from my team after the first event, never got my QS cover due to the fact im no longer with that team
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    thedude wrote:
    it would be nice to get some recognition for those of us who were stuck in an almost empty alliance
    I hereby recognize that you shouldn't be expecting the devs to fill your alliance for you.
  • Time zone didn't matter in the Ultron event, it was on an 8 hour refresh so unless you were unlucky enough to sleep for 8 hours and that fell between the start and end of a slot or you sleep for way more than 8 hours per night, it shouldn't effect anyone's overall score.

Edit: I think there was one session were I had to hit 5 Ultron bosses instead of the normal 6 to regulate the timing back to my sleep pattern.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarCr wrote:
    Time zone didn't matter in the Ultron event, it was on an 8 hour refresh so unless you were unlucky enough to sleep for 8 hours and that fell between the start and end of a slot or you sleep for way more than 8 hours per night, it shouldn't effect anyone's overall score.

Edit: I think there was one session were I had to hit 5 Ultron bosses instead of the normal 6 to regulate the timing back to my sleep pattern.

That makes it sound like the game is playing you, rather than you playing the game.
    You should recognize the fact that not many people will be willing to put in that level of, ... what shall we call it? Dedication?
  • _RiO_ wrote:

That makes it sound like the game is playing you, rather than you playing the game.
    You should recognize the fact that not many people will be willing to put in that level of, ... what shall we call it? Dedication?

I hit 3 times a day with quite a large window to finish a sweep. PVP requires you to hit on time all of the time and that's why I don't do it.
    Not really sure why you added the sarcastic tone at the end.