Event ends for me but not others?

Options
Elric_VIII
Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So, in this fiasco of an event, I managed to get myself into the top 10 of the main event and top 25 of the last side event. I played it right as the timer ran down, so I was pretty sure it was over. However I just got my rewards for it and I was apparently knocked down 2 prize brackets in the main event and 1 in the side event.

I'm not sure if this is some exploit to gain more time or what. I'm playing on Steam if that matters.

Comments

• If your system clock runs faster than real time, you'll lose access to the tournament earlier than it actually finishes.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last minute scoring can often throw things surprisingly lopsided. If your computer gets time sync from any decent outside source, you're probably not far enough off to blame it.
  • Elric_VIII
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    If your system clock runs faster than real time, you'll lose access to the tournament earlier than it actually finishes.

My clock seems to be synced up with the rest of the world. Could people be, instead, setting their clocks back to delay their ending of the tournament?
    DayvBang wrote:
    Last minute scoring can often throw things surprisingly lopsided. If your computer gets time sync from any decent outside source, you're probably not far enough off to blame it.

Yeah, but I was 3rd in the main even by a few thousand. It was PvE, so it's not a retaliation mob or anything of that sort.
  • You are not the only one to play in last minutes, also scores are not instantly updated - once i have had to different ratings at the same time 3rd and 6th.
    Thats why you dont get rewards the same second event ends - they take time to count scores.
  • Elric VIII wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    If your system clock runs faster than real time, you'll lose access to the tournament earlier than it actually finishes.

My clock seems to be synced up with the rest of the world. Could people be, instead, setting their clocks back to delay their ending of the tournament?

Nope. The tournament's actual end is based on the server's time, not your own.
  • Elric_VIII
    Options
    Shimary wrote:
    You are not the only one to play in last minutes, also scores are not instantly updated - once i have had to different ratings at the same time 3rd and 6th.
    Thats why you dont get rewards the same second event ends - they take time to count scores.

I guess that makes sense. Do you know about how long it takes to update scores?
  • Some times the scores are also not consistent, like on the event main screen you might see you're #3, but if you look at the top10 roster you would see that you've dropped to #6. The Event Results -> Your Rank page seems to update faster than the main screen.