AI using the wrong team-up moves

CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
Yesterday when I was playing the Beast PvP and noticed that the enemy team had Settlement listed as its team-up. I noted that because I wanted to be sure they didn't steal a good Mutagenic Breakthrough tile. So imagine my surprise when the AI used a team-up and it wasn't Settlement! I sadly forget which move it was, but I know it was a damaging power.

And then today, in the Ock event, I got a team that used Supernova against me, even though Sentry's powers aren't supposed to be available as AI team-ups.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Comments

• Did you adjust your roster after seeing the Settlement team-up? Maybe swapping out a Daken because you didn't want his strike tiles to be stolen? AI team-ups in PvE can change based on your team composition, and it is easy to miss that substitution if you were not expecting it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, for one thing this was PvP where the enemy team-ups don't care who's on your team. And I wouldn't have switched anyway because the only special tile user in my go-to team was Beast himself, who couldn't be swapped out. And the Supernova is a bug regardless, because Sentry team-ups were disabled for the AI a few weeks after the feature was added.
  • I do not know if the AI having sentry team-ups is a bug (why should it be?), but they certainly appear quite frequently in the current Anderson Biotech PvE sub.

As for the AI using team-ups it does not have, this would be an unprecedented bug, and it will likely not be actionable by QA unless there is further confirmation from players. If you can find some way to duplicate it, that would certainly move things along however.
  • Yesterday when I was playing the Beast PvP and noticed that the enemy team had Settlement listed as its team-up. I noted that because I wanted to be sure they didn't steal a good Mutagenic Breakthrough tile. So imagine my surprise when the AI used a team-up and it wasn't Settlement! I sadly forget which move it was, but I know it was a damaging power.

And then today, in the Ock event, I got a team that used Supernova against me, even though Sentry's powers aren't supposed to be available as AI team-ups.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Boy, if Sentry T-Us are indeed a bug, they're a big one. I cannot count how many Sentry T-Us I've seen in just the past few days...

DBC
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    agree on sentry team ups - they've been everywhere. only ones I've seen were world rupture and pretty low level but I thought self damaging team ups weren't allowed? i.e. ares yellow, all sentry, hulk red, etc.