Dear Devs, Regarding the changes to Iso-8 costs in leveling.

Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'll be apalled if you refund us anything for the heroes that were leveled prior to these changes.

You've made mistakes, it's true. This is not among them. You've stepped on toes, yes, but not with this.

This change was (thus far) an honest and good-willed change that will improve the health of the game as far as I am able to see. Despite a significant portion of my heroes already being leveled into the range where the reductions drop off or maxed out entirely, I don't deserve any sort of refund (and neither does anyone else). At the time I leveled my heroes, I leveled them because
A- That's what Iso-8 is for
B- The "Iso-8" to "levels gained" equation, though steep, was fair to me
C- I could benefit from the increased levels in my heroes, including but not limited to gaining more Iso-8.

The Value of the Iso-8 to Levels Gained equation is improving in the future, which will benefit me going forward with newly released heroes, so I'm happy and thankful that you've made these changes. If you cut Iso-8 gains through events as a result of the cost reductions, I'll be pretty peeved (and subsequently have to eat crow!), but I don't think that will prove to be the case.

At any rate, this change benefits me. It benefits new players even more, true, but the good of the scorpion happens to be the good of the frog. These changes represent excellent absolute progress for me and middling relative progress - all in all, an outstanding and beneficial change for all.

Comments

• As I pointed out before (not yet published...???), R75 changed my needed Iso for all my heroes from 1650K to 1150K. And I would have a surplus of 50K, if the changes were applied to all of my characters. Thinking of it, R75 this feels like a kick between my both big toes...
  • Geauxbotz
    Geauxbotz Posts: 55 Match Maker
    While I agree and would never ask for that refund, I wouldn't post here asking them not to give it to me either... icon_lol.gif
  • Well, I agree but...the tale of the scorpion and the frog didn't end well because of the scorpion's inherent nature. icon_razz.gif
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:
    Well, I agree but...the tale of the scorpion and the frog didn't end well because of the scorpion's inherent nature. icon_razz.gif

Absolutely. Here's hoping we can overcome our stubborn nature and accept the mutual benefit.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, and if they do choose to compensate (which I wouldn't complain about either), it should be gated like some other compensation; i.e. the last month.