Pointless Petition - Righteous Uppercut

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
What I would like to propose to the community is this:

Rename this power "Lights Out".

Shortest version: I like Luke Cage and I really enjoy the power and just want it to have a catchier name that goes along with what I say in my head each time I fire it off.

Pointless? Absolutely.

Sign/Upvote/whatever if you agree with my proposal. Or don't. I'm good either way. I just wanted to get this outta my head and into yours.

Comments

• Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    The fact that none of his powers nor his pvp are named "Sweet Christmas" irks me to no end.
  • jackstar0
    No question, sir.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fact that none of his powers nor his pvp are named "Sweet Christmas" irks me to no end.

My favorite part of Ultimate Alliance was spamming sweet Christmas.
  • Alternative title- "Where's my money, honey?"
  • jackstar0
    Appreciate the support from those who has demonstrated it thus far.
  • What kind of a lame name is "Righteous Uppercut", anyways?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I like Righteous Uppercut, but would vote for Sweet Christmas if it needs to be changed.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    jackstar0 wrote:
    What I would like to propose to the community is this:

Rename this power "Lights Out".

Shortest version: I like Luke Cage and I really enjoy the power and just want it to have a catchier name that goes along with what I say in my head each time I fire it off.

Pointless? Absolutely.

Sign/Upvote/whatever if you agree with my proposal. Or don't. I'm good either way. I just wanted to get this outta my head and into yours.

I really wish you hadn't brought this up. You are drawing attention to one of the better skills still in the game. Posts like this may lead to it being nerfed to do 3800 max damge and be renamed "Light slap".
  • I might have to disagree with the name change proposal because everytime I see the name 'righteous uppercut', I think of SFIIs Sagat.
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I vote for Sweet Christmas as well!
  • I think they need to add a "Punch-Out! body blow" if you can fore off three in a row
  • RWTDBurn wrote:
    I really wish you hadn't brought this up. You are drawing attention to one of the better skills still in the game. Posts like this may lead to it being nerfed to do 3800 max damge and be renamed "Light slap".
    Patch Notes: "Righteous Uppercut" replaced by new skill "Ow! My Wrist!" 13 yellow AP, "Cage attempts to unleash a devastating punch but fails to land it cleanly, resulting in a painfully sprained wrist. Cage takes 2367 damage and is stunned for 5 turns while he cradles his mangled limb against his mighty chest and weeps softly. Enemy team is unable to take actions for 2 turns while they point and laugh, producing 3 strength 1 enemy attack tiles."