Iso needed for a roster - an update

So, here I go again with my V3 (I think) of :

How much Iso do you need to max a complete roster.

Here are some stats :

7 x 1* characters : 150k Iso
15 x 2* characters : 1 Million Iso
39 x 3* characters : 4,6 Million (6,7 Million before the reduction) - that includes Vision
10 x 4* characters : 3,6 Million (4,3 Million before the reduction) - that includes Hulkbuster

Total : 9,4 Million Iso (was 12,2 Million before) - a drop of 2,8 Million Iso. Not bad, but not enough...

I'll update later with the number of covers.

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Aren't we up to 39 including Vision? That's what the wiki says anyway.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    1YeonTF.png?1

Edit: Also confirming 39 3*s including Vision (counted them up in my roster)
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Total : 9,2 Million Iso (was 12 Million before) - a drop of 2,8 Million Iso. Not bad, but not enough...
    What IS enough?

I ask this because nearly every free to play game I know of that uses 'pay to win' tactics have absurdly prohibative costs to own EVERYTHING. Even something as praised and innocent as Hearthstone with it's meager amount of card expansions would still probably cost you well over $1000 to own the collection. Given the amount of randomness to the packs and cost of dusting legendaries that's a fairly forgiving estimate...it also ignores the complete gold collection which would easily up that cost to over $20,000 I'm sure as the drop rates and dust rates of goldens are rediculous. That's using a praised game for it's free to play model as well.

I've always found these threads to be laughably absurd simply because it's NEVER been the intention of the game for people to own everything maxed. That's not a realistic goal a player is supposed to set for themselves when starting up a free to play game. It's like saying you want to get into Magic The Gathering and then posting the cost of owning the ENTIRE collection as an example why it's a bad idea.

That little personal rant aside I am in favour of the game being more rewarding especially with the health changes that made everything take longer and become more deadly for the same rewards. But trying to justify this through the costs of owning everything maxed doesn't seem like the realistic way to approach this as a 'problem'. Of course if this post is more about having fun with the costs of whaling then by all means, don't let me get in the way!
  • stowaway wrote:
    Aren't we up to 39 including Vision? That's what the wiki says anyway.

Correct. I'll update the OP.

Thanks !
  • babinro wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Total : 9,2 Million Iso (was 12 Million before) - a drop of 2,8 Million Iso. Not bad, but not enough...
    What IS enough?

I ask this because nearly every free to play game I know of that uses 'pay to win' tactics have absurdly prohibative costs to own EVERYTHING. Even something as praised and innocent as Hearthstone with it's meager amount of card expansions would still probably cost you well over $1000 to own the collection. Given the amount of randomness to the packs and cost of dusting legendaries that's a fairly forgiving estimate...it also ignores the complete gold collection which would easily up that cost to over $20,000 I'm sure as the drop rates and dust rates of goldens are rediculous. That's using a praised game for it's free to play model as well.

I've always found these threads to be laughably absurd simply because it's NEVER been the intention of the game for people to own everything maxed. That's not a realistic goal a player is supposed to set for themselves when starting up a free to play game. It's like saying you want to get into Magic The Gathering and then posting the cost of owning the ENTIRE collection as an example why it's a bad idea.

That little personal rant aside I am in favour of the game being more rewarding especially with the health changes that made everything take longer and become more deadly for the same rewards. But trying to justify this through the costs of owning everything maxed doesn't seem like the realistic way to approach this as a 'problem'. Of course if this post is more about having fun with the costs of whaling then by all means, don't let me get in the way!

I think it's nevertheless good to know what an entire roster would take to be levelled. And how much the changes in the game are helpdful or not.

Otherwise, why would those changes be implemented ?

They said last year they did not want to increase the amount of Iso rewarded in PvEs (ie 20 Iso/node), because it would make progression too easy and fast (cough, cough...). Yet, they decrease the amount of Iso needed by 2,8 million overnight.

I'll wait a couple of weeks and see if the pace of new releases has changed. And will update this thread.

Now that you are in Best, you are supposed to NOT CRITICIZE ME !
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I like these kinds of information definitly. Thanks, Venser.

Whether the reduction is enough or not is another discussion icon_e_wink.gif.