3 Days without Daily Bonus = 1000 ISO

So my Daily Alliance Bonus is out for 3 days, and D3 decides to apologize by sending me 1000 ISO?

Consider me fully compensated!

Thanks D3 guys! icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC

Comments

• I call em like I see em... D3 has been stingy as tinykitty lately, but this was a decent comp for sure.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I don't understand......

You get 200 Iso a day from a full alliance, right?

And for those of us who got ZERO from the last 3 days, that'd be 600 Iso, right?

So......400 Iso is a big deal? I'll take all the Iso that I can get personally, but most wouldn't most people say that's meaningless?
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    For once, they've hit on perfectly appropriate compensation. Granted this one was pretty easy to figure out. Still, I was expecting to get 140 ISO and two standard tokens.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2015
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I don't understand......

And for those of us who got ZERO from the last 3 days, that'd be 600 Iso, right?

So......400 Iso is a big deal? I'll take all the Iso that I can get personally, but most wouldn't most people say that's meaningless?

People always gotta complain about something. They compensated more than they needed to but it's still not enough. Some days I really feel for these guys with reactions like that. What did you want, 10,000 iso for three days missed?

I was pleasantly surprised with the 1,000 iso and thank them for it.

Edit: added the quote of the comment I was referring to, after the fact
  • I think it's pretty ironic because I didn't notice how many days the alliance reward was bugged and assumed it was a one day thing and was pleasantly surprised for find 1000 iso, and yet people are throwing pitchforks over Ultron are getting nothing comparable. I know people on forums are whiny and shouldn't be taken seriously, but does this mean we should all expect 3 Hulkbuster covers if nobody said anything bad about Ultron?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not saying you're right, but when I got locked out of Prodigal Sun subs for about five hours in Elektra's debut I got two of her covers for it, straight up.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I don't understand......

Yes, some people in these forums would say that. Because for some people in these forums whenever Demiurge screws up, no matter how big or small, they must be burned in a pit like the incompetent monkeys they apparently are, but whenever they do something well or have a nice gesture, no matter how big or small, it must be dismissed, ignored or criticised for not being bigger.

Hate, much like life, always finds a way, no matter how many obstacles are put into its flow.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is 1000 more ISO than all my 400+ days combined since they won't link with Steam....
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the extra Iso, Demiurge! icon_e_smile.gif
  • This is MORE than fair compensation. It is an actual thing, and it happened in THIS game... that in and of itself is noteworthy. The exact amount over is meaningless.

If you want to point out everything they do wrong, in hopes that they fix it, you must also show praise when they do something right, or better than right - as is the case here.

PS I run an open alliance and normally kick inactives after seeing their name twice. I thought I would let up a little after Ultron, when I saw all of the people who appeared "fatigued" until I logged in on my alt for the day, and it said my main hadn't played recently... LOL
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I don't understand......

They were made aware of the problem.
    They made it right.
    They gave us a little extra on the side, on top of making it right.

There's nothing to complain about, be it meaningless or be it overwhelming.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I think it's pretty ironic because I didn't notice how many days the alliance reward was bugged and assumed it was a one day thing and was pleasantly surprised for find 1000 iso, and yet people are throwing pitchforks over Ultron are getting nothing comparable. I know people on forums are whiny and shouldn't be taken seriously, but does this mean we should all expect 3 Hulkbuster covers if nobody said anything bad about Ultron?
    Phantom, you are correct the the forum can get whinny, but I personally would like to see them rework how they give compensation. This outage was the right compensation because we lost ISO from daily rewards and they gave ISO for compensation. Everyone was compensated the same who lost daily rewards.
    For he Ultron event those who made it to round 8 got a 10 pack. The problem with a 10 pack is some people get no usable covers and it is just ISO while others get a 4* they need or HP. The compensation becomes different from player to player since it is tokens. In Ultron because his health was too high alliances could not get HB and some people got him in the 10 pack while others did not. I would like to see compensation be more equal to who they decide to give it out to and be ISO, HP, or covers. It might be a combination of all, but giving out tokens for compensation makes it random what players get and th overall reward should be more equal across who they choose to give it to.

For Ultron I am not saying they were right or wrong to give compensation to those who completed round 7 compared to those below, I just think Tokens become uneven compensation. The daily comp was very nice and more than appropriate. I hope they use this type of strategy more often when an issue occurs.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I don't understand......
    Clearly... you must be under the impression that "compensation" means "give me free stuff I'm not entitled to for no reason". It doesn't. It's to make up for a prior loss, which the devs more than did in this case. So pick something different to complain about, because you've got zero traction here.
  • Just to chime in after watching this thread for a while...

I will be the first to complain about HP/roster slot prices, and I have on numerous occasions.

I would be the first to say that I hate Tokens as compensation, for anything. I'm on record as such.

I would join any chorus singing their frustrations about not being fairly compensated for outages that effectively took away things they could have likely earned on their own (SRCA PVE comes immediately to mind, but I did end up finishing it, so there's that). Again, yep, that stings.

I could go on, but I'm guessing my point should be made.

However, and this is important, I will also be the first to loudly and proudly commend the devs for doing something right, because that's what adults do. This compensation is not only a no-brainer, I would argue it was more than was actually necessary.

If I cannot honestly admit when these guys do something well, it throws shade on every single complaint I choose to voice, and again, 1000 ISO compensation for roughly 3 days or 600 ISO lost is fairly straightforward.

Just my $0.02.

DBC
  • Anyone else not receive this compensation? I haven't received any Ultron Round 2 or Daily Bonus compensation and I have a feeling it's because I wasn't in an alliance / switched alliances for a short period.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I think it's pretty ironic because I didn't notice how many days the alliance reward was bugged and assumed it was a one day thing and was pleasantly surprised for find 1000 iso, and yet people are throwing pitchforks over Ultron are getting nothing comparable. I know people on forums are whiny and shouldn't be taken seriously, but does this mean we should all expect 3 Hulkbuster covers if nobody said anything bad about Ultron?
    Phantom, you are correct the the forum can get whinny, but I personally would like to see them rework how they give compensation. This outage was the right compensation because we lost ISO from daily rewards and they gave ISO for compensation. Everyone was compensated the same who lost daily rewards.
    For he Ultron event those who made it to round 8 got a 10 pack. The problem with a 10 pack is some people get no usable covers and it is just ISO while others get a 4* they need or HP. The compensation becomes different from player to player since it is tokens. In Ultron because his health was too high alliances could not get HB and some people got him in the 10 pack while others did not. I would like to see compensation be more equal to who they decide to give it out to and be ISO, HP, or covers. It might be a combination of all, but giving out tokens for compensation makes it random what players get and th overall reward should be more equal across who they choose to give it to.

For Ultron I am not saying they were right or wrong to give compensation to those who completed round 7 compared to those below, I just think Tokens become uneven compensation. The daily comp was very nice and more than appropriate. I hope they use this type of strategy more often when an issue occurs.

I agree with you. Just because we are whiny doesn't mean we should get extra less for being whiny, since there's no indication that not complaining is supposed to get you better compensation. I'm just puzzled that this issue which I wasn't even aware of and sure didn't see anyone complain about was handled quite adequately and yet the issue everyone complained about is not handled very well at all. While the forum might be a vocal minority, I really don't see D3 here saying, 'OMG 3 days without alliance bonus red alert or everyone's quitting MPQ!!!' while for the Ultron they'd be saying, "I bet these guys are just crying like usual about quitting and it's just all smokes & mirrors, even though we totally screwed up the server I doubt anyone will actually hate us for messing up this game." The difference in the treatment in those two incidents is just mind boggling.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    This was a good thing. They compensated for the amount lost, plus a bit extra, since they screwed something up.

If they'd applied the same philosophy as this 1000 iso case to past cases of compensation (and hadn't so harshly destroyed Thor/Xforce), then they would still have me as a customer. Unfortunately, they didn't.
  • It wouldn't take much to make everyone happy consistently...