Too many characters and not enough chances for 3*

djdv81
djdv81 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
I have been playing roughly for about 3 months now and have noticed in just this amount of time, that there are way too many new characters to keep up with. We grind PVE and PVP for tokens and we end up with a bunch of 2* Moonstones and Captain Marvel. Sure it's great to earn 3* covers but when you only have 1 or 2, the character is severely under powered. I understand that you guys want us to buy up tokens with money for a "chance" to get a 3* character but a "chance" is not what people want to hear when they fork out dollars. I just see the releases of Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hulkbuster, and Quicksilver as a way to take advantage of new Marvel fan's money and not here to make the game play any better. I am sure not everyone agrees but that is just my 2 cents.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, you grind PvP and PvE for the 3* rank awards, not tokens. And they're giving you a 3* every day in the DDQ. There's enough other things to complain about without claiming it's too hard to get 3*s. That's just silly.
  • djdv81
    Yes you are right, people grind PVE and PVP for 3* rank rewards but when the top cover is Doc Ock or 3* Storm the next best thing is HP or tokens. 3* aren't hard to get, they just take too long to get the covers that certain people need. For me time is money and to pay extra money for chances just isn't in my nature. I haven't payed a penny for anything in this game but I can clearly see that many people here gave a small fortune for a level 166 character(or gave up couple of months). I give my hat to you all and will proudly stay at level 94 2* status for a while.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    DDQ is useless if you don't have the cover. unless your lucky enough to draw it with one token.
  • djdv81
    Heartburn

Exactly.I only completed today's DDQ because I just so happen to have GSBW. If it wasn't for that it would have been "Ah man, I sold that cover last week to make room in my roster for 2* Capt America"(PVE).
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    No, you grind PvP and PvE for the 3* rank awards, not tokens. And they're giving you a 3* every day in the DDQ. There's enough other things to complain about without claiming it's too hard to get 3*s. That's just silly.

got to have max 2 stars or 3 stars to even have a chance at the daily
  • thank you for your sharing
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heartburn wrote:
    DDQ is useless if you don't have the cover.

Then have the cover.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    They've actually - specifically - stated that star.pngstar.pngstar.png draw rate percentages are going up.

This is where I kindly suggest you read patch notes and Dev threads. One sec. Let me find it.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28596

So................
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    got to have max 2 stars or 3 stars to even have a chance at the daily
    If you don't even have maxed 2*s, you shouldn't be stressing about not getting 3*s fast enough. Doesn't anyone understand the concept of "progression" anymore??
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    ronin-san wrote:
    They've actually - specifically - stated that star.pngstar.pngstar.png draw rate percentages are going up.

This is where I kindly suggest you read patch notes and Dev threads. One sec. Let me find it.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28596

So................

No need to be so condescending.

Yes, the draw rates have gone up. However, combined with the unvaulting, and new character introductions, it is now much less likely than before to get multiple draws of the same character (which I understood as the OP's point).

So, yes, while it may be easier to get a 3* pull, it is much more difficult to get that same 3* fully covered. (DPD helps.)

This is a legitimate concern.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the fact that you have to have the character to earn the cover. when I was strictly f2p, I couldn't ever open tokens because I couldn't open roster slots for those characters I didn't have. therefore, I had no progress at all and both tokens and iso built up to larger numbers. when I did open tokens and see the gold card, I'd cringe hoping it was one I had and not one I'd have to make a decision on. ddq takes that cringe away and doesn't make the f2p guy make those decisions day after day after day. its a way to develop what you have, not add what you don't have. that specifically was very needed when it came out (and still is).