An epiphany, or how I stopped worrying about anything

2»

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    unco_dan wrote:

anyways, same here man. i cant remember the last time i played pve. i played ultron (lol, ok so maybe i can remember), and was the highest scoring member of my alliance who cleared round 7, cause i wanted hulkbuster, cause he looked like a fun new character. apologies if i wasnt clear before, but to be clear, my critique is against the logic of this game that ultimately requires some kinda grind regardless of personal style of gameplay. again, it sounds like we play very similarly. i choose to play on my own terms as well and i hate to grind. but repetitively using the same characters again and again leads to burnout. unless you're really just that content with a repetition of the same, then good for you, its not something i can handle. what generally helps keep the game fresh is new content, which more often than not is in the form of new characters. new characters that'll take you months to get to playable levels unless you grind. and like i said in my initial post, if one chooses not to grind, like me, by time you get that new character covered and leveled, you've probably already burned out on repetitively using the same characters again and again to get to that point. all this aint so bad when you're just starting out with this game. but when you're at the vet stage its pretty undeniable that this game is a grind. which is why i only play casually now. as i'm sure you do. sure, every now and then i'll still score 1k in pvp for profx or to contribute to my alliance cause i got nothing but love for my alliance. still, a game that turns you off from playing it is pretty silly. and to echo theunwiseone, i'm still shocked at how quickly the game went from being the best it had ever been a few seasons ago to...this. so why am i still here? cause this game used to be super fun and i hope it still can be again eventually some day..

Ah, I misunderstood you then.

I have a question for you, why do you feel like you need to use the same character over and over again? Are you using only a few characters?

My experience with 16 level max character is that there's many combinations I can choose from. And combining different characters make the game feel different. A few combinations I love is the hood-lcap, ldaken-blade, mystique-Deadpool, doom-bp... And there are many countless team combi I have not use. I am excited about KK and Star lord, which I am 2 covers away to max them. It took me several months, but it's ok, cos I can play with different teams in the mean time.
  • atomzed wrote:
    unco_dan wrote:

anyways, same here man. i cant remember the last time i played pve. i played ultron (lol, ok so maybe i can remember), and was the highest scoring member of my alliance who cleared round 7, cause i wanted hulkbuster, cause he looked like a fun new character. apologies if i wasnt clear before, but to be clear, my critique is against the logic of this game that ultimately requires some kinda grind regardless of personal style of gameplay. again, it sounds like we play very similarly. i choose to play on my own terms as well and i hate to grind. but repetitively using the same characters again and again leads to burnout. unless you're really just that content with a repetition of the same, then good for you, its not something i can handle. what generally helps keep the game fresh is new content, which more often than not is in the form of new characters. new characters that'll take you months to get to playable levels unless you grind. and like i said in my initial post, if one chooses not to grind, like me, by time you get that new character covered and leveled, you've probably already burned out on repetitively using the same characters again and again to get to that point. all this aint so bad when you're just starting out with this game. but when you're at the vet stage its pretty undeniable that this game is a grind. which is why i only play casually now. as i'm sure you do. sure, every now and then i'll still score 1k in pvp for profx or to contribute to my alliance cause i got nothing but love for my alliance. still, a game that turns you off from playing it is pretty silly. and to echo theunwiseone, i'm still shocked at how quickly the game went from being the best it had ever been a few seasons ago to...this. so why am i still here? cause this game used to be super fun and i hope it still can be again eventually some day..

Ah, I misunderstood you then.

I have a question for you, why do you feel like you need to use the same character over and over again? Are you using only a few characters?

My experience with 16 level max character is that there's many combinations I can choose from. And combining different characters make the game feel different. A few combinations I love is the hood-lcap, ldaken-blade, mystique-Deadpool, doom-bp... And there are many countless team combi I have not use. I am excited about KK and Star lord, which I am 2 covers away to max them. It took me several months, but it's ok, cos I can play with different teams in the mean time.

it's all good, misunderstanding happens icon_e_smile.gif appreciate the level-headed dialogue...

i'm using a good amount of my roster, maybe on average 15 or so diff characters for pvp. and yea, all those combos you mentioned i've used as well. we're just different people man. what works for you, feels repetitive to me. i can play with different teams, sure. but they're the same different teams, so things feel like a grind until i get the next character covered and leveled. especially so cause matches take soooo long these days. and yes, i'm also excited about KK and SW. but no, i'm not interested in vamplord at all. CD tiles that you cant place? no thanks. same goes for kingpin. but that's just me.