Meto5000 Posts: 583
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
e4DAmkM.png?1

That is all.

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nobody-cares-spongebob.jpg
  • Man, at least Emryt made a sweet video.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, now THAT was a rage quit. No rant, no video? I give it a Beast/BagMan Spidey/3*Iron Man out of 10. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Wow. I haven't though about Emeryt in ages.

I will admit though that Emeryt's rage quit video was ... impressive. He poured all his hp and iso into his various under levelled characters and _then_ sold them all. Continuing until he had close to zero of everything.

I wonder if that video is still up somewhere.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    So OP just bought a boat load of HP and ISO, bought a boat load of roster slots, then proceeded to whale up on MBW?

Man, whales these days.

/SMH
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    hurcules wrote:
    So OP just bought a boat load of HP and ISO, bought a boat load of roster slots, then proceeded to whale up on MBW?

Man, whales these days.

/SMH

OP sold his characters for iso/hp. That doesn't necessarily make him a whale unless you think buying slots make him one.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Actually, I was looking at only 57 slots and at least one was evidently for a tup. So he was probably a transition player. They've been making all these changes to help players like him at the expense of veterans. I hope he doesn't calm down in a week, get perspective, and regret this.

I tell all ppl thinking of quitting the same thing. Take a break, then decide if you want to do something crazy like this.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    "I didn't get a 'harumph!' out of that guy!"
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aww, I thought that this was the Django-only thread where we make fun of OP for a bad rage-quit.
    Then puppychow had to crash the Django party icon_e_sad.gif
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    j12601 wrote:
    Man, at least Emryt made a sweet video.

I'm so disappointed. I thought your post would be, "Who?" or better yet a meme of that gotg scene.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Few things I wanted to mention here.
    1. Great job on Kabir & Demiurge's part for listening to the players, coming clean, and offering to make amends. There very easily could have been NO compensation for anyone.
    2. Congrats to The Best and Deadpool's (Tacos? Order? Chimi?). You guys and gals did something amazing this event and you deserve your extra 4* cover.
    3. I know I give The Best a hard time about their alliance name being misleading (The Best(ish)), but they really earned it this time. Also, it's a joke people. I have nothing but love and respect for JBK and the rest of the crew. Except Venser. He can eat a tinykitty. j/k
    4. Anyone that thinks that there was a "last minute change' to run 2 as far as health goes is delusional. It was a 4* release and it's safe to say that it was always intended to be harder.
    5. Realistically I think we'll see the late round health come down a bit overall. Likely in r6, 7 and 8. This should allow the same number of alliances to clear those rounds, but also allow more alliances to clear r8.
    6. I agree with JBK that I'm sure some of the alliances could have finished r7 or even r8 had they'd hit the ground running at the start with 20 people, but a lot of the people whining on here likely couldn't have. So suck it up and be realistic. F2P is a marathon, not a sprint.
    I probably have more to say, but I'm tired.

There's nothing I enjoy more than seeing mods call people whiners. Oh sorry, was your mod hat not on, I guess it's cool then.

It seems that OP withstood one Jamie Madrox too many to the face!
  • So just to be sure we're all on the same page here....

1. Spend X amount of real currency on in-app purchases
    2. Get mad at game/developers and sell everything for in game currency
    3. ????
    4. PROFIT!!!

Tl;dr Magneto was right.