Nerfing the forums LOL

Just when I thought I've seen it all, Demiurge goes and nerfs... the forums icon_e_smile.gif
Seriously though, I have a couple suggestions.
a. MPQ is primarily a mobile game, and many of us are reading the forums on mobile devices. Please keep the forums mobile-friendly (hint: the humongous graphics and the bulky header used in the nerfed forums aren't mobile friendly)
b. Looks aren't more important than speed and ease of access. Please don't force me to download huge pictures and scroll a lot to get to the information I'm looking for.
c. If you must have an eye candy version, at least maintain a barebones no frills version for the ones of us who visit the site from our phones.
Thanks!

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just when I thought I've seen it all, Demiurge goes and nerfs... the forums icon_e_smile.gif
    Seriously though, I have a couple suggestions.
    a. MPQ is primarily a mobile game, and many of us are reading the forums on mobile devices. Please keep the forums mobile-friendly (hint: the humongous graphics and the bulky header used in the nerfed forums aren't mobile friendly)
    b. Looks aren't more important than speed and ease of access. Please don't force me to download huge pictures and scroll a lot to get to the information I'm looking for.
    c. If you must have an eye candy version, at least maintain a barebones no frills version for the ones of us who visit the site from our phones.
    Thanks!
    yes. I somehow was taken to an alternate forum for a while and it totally sucked. looked great but nothing loaded. then somehow I ended up at the older looking forums. same content and was just the standard format, but hey things load and you can browse and post without refreshing 4 times and waiting 45 seconds each time to see if it loads right. maybe all of that will get worked out but the version I just saw was painful.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, it made me grin also when they returned it to the older, but more-functional style. I also agree that the giant superhero banner at the top is... unwelcome, as there could be a few of us who browse at work. A plain looking forum being quickly scrolled by is not likely to draw the eye of a roving superior, but an enormous brightly-colored superhero banner would be difficult to explain. If it's on just the splash page, fine, but not every single forum header.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Completely agree.
    The graphic is okay when selecting the forum (general forums for example) but it shouldn't belong in the sub forums with all the threads or the individual threads themselves.
    No one wants to scroll down to get to every single post/thread since it's needlessly inconvenient.