Why no Blade PvP?

Blade covers for the Doc Ock PvP but 1st place Hulkbuster leads me to believe the Hulkbuster PvP is next. This isn't the first time they have killed a Blade PvP to insert something else, like Balance of Power. So, what do they have against Blade? Why no Blade PvP?

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    Blade covers for the Doc Ock PvP but 1st place Hulkbuster leads me to believe the Hulkbuster PvP is next. This isn't the first time they have killed a Blade PvP to insert something else, like Balance of Power. So, what do they have against Blade? Why no Blade PvP?

Hasn't Blade had a couple of PvPs? Mine's been covered for forever, haven't seen Colossus in ages.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Hasn't Blade had a couple of PvPs? Mine's been covered for forever, haven't seen Colossus in ages.

He's been handed out as a placement reward a ton of times, but then the next event is always something weird. The Events sub forum shows High Stakes being run once in season VII (Near when he was released) and once in season X. Every other time he's been booted for something else.
  • He's secretly OP and boosting him in an actual PVP event would put him on the nerf list. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Boosted Blade vs Blade is like two guys playing hot potato with a bomb and while that's pretty exciting, I can do without some excitement.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Let's see, 290 Blade might be somewhere crazy with purple damage. Already above 2k damage with 6 tiles per turn for 10 AP. Boosted, I can easily see that moving to 3.4k per turn. Yeah, no.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    blah another cover i dont need
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Yep, no Real Steel in a long time, and Cover Squirrel has been skipped twice as well.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Yep, no Real Steel in a long time, and Cover Squirrel has been skipped twice as well.
    Tet we've had Blind Justice in both Season 12 and 13
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    fmftint wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Tet we've had Blind Justice in both Season 12 and 13
    Are people actually complaining about frequent BJs?

Man forumites these days.

/SMH.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    You seem to forget that the sweet and gentle vampire (he keeps his enemies close... but just because he wants to give them a hug!) will be boosted for the next 3 events or so.

He will be handing out those strike tiles like candy!
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Besides, what about poor Iron Fist?

His event happened only once, after his release.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    donietsche wrote:
    Besides, what about poor Iron Fist?

His event happened only once, after his release.

Probably giving everyone ample time to purchase his covers since they know how desirable he is. I've been tempted to buy a couple myself but am resisting until his rewards come around again.