Can't add new members to alliance

CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
My alliance is trying to assemble our PvE team for the end of Enemy Of The State and commanders are unable to approve new members. When we hit the approve button the error message "SIGNAL LOST We can't reach headquarters. Please try again later." appears. This is a bigger problem since the event ends tonight - CS would be unable to resolve a ticket in time.

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've opened a ticket for it, but here's some more info.

SoylentPVE is the name of the alliance.

The SEARCH ALLIANCES page would show 20/20, no orange Join button. Clicking on the alliance name shows 19/20, with an orange Join button. Clicking on that, gives a message that the alliance is at capacity. We might be able to make Top 100 with 19/20 (if we can get our 19th in), but our shot at Top 50 with 20/20 is not possible (if we can't get our 20th in).

Request is 116035
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Deepspace2 is having the same problem
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    Deepspace2 is having the same problem

Hey alphabeta,

I got a response from a dev via PM. Not sure why they wouldn't just want it on the thread, like most of the bugs, since other people might benefit from seeing the info.

"OK, so it looks like there is a bug with the Alliance SoylentPVE. I asked our server engineer and he wasn't sure of the issue. I am going to make sure it is being logged so we can address it later, but I'd recommend not using that Alliance anymore.

Sorry for the inconvenience."

I went ahead and abandoned SoylentPVE and created SoylentPVE2. Normally, when there is no one left in an alliance, it disappears. Something is definitely buggy with SoylentPVE, b/c it is still showing 1/20 Private, even though there is no one in the alliance. My Steam account was the only member, and I left. When clicking on SoylentPVE, it gives the "SIGNAL LOST We can't contact this Alliance. Please try again later." message.

I'm not gonna bother asking for 2500 ISO, the cost of creating a new alliance, b/c I'd rather ask for compensation for the important errors, like covers. Still waiting to hear if they're gonna give the alliance rewards to my guy that couldn't get in as our 20th. We finished 57th, so he would've gotten a HB cover, ISO and HP as our 20th member.