Moar Villains Week: Shocker

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
I could see Marvel giving Shocker the Whiplash in Iron Man 2 treatment. He's untouched, has a fun kit of abilities, and could seriously benefit from tech and CGI in modern movies. Here's how I see him working in this game.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Shocker (Classic)
7650 HPs

38b04d8fe502412191970337613cd182.jpg

redflag.png Good Vibrations. 6 AP.
54c29939afd683dc9f4ebf05d4b40dcb.jpg
The Shocker's gauntlets are primed, ready to shake the foundation.
Create a 3 turn countdown tile that converts two yellow tiles into charged tiles.
Rank 2: convert 3 tiles to charged tiles.
Rank 3: decrease timer to 2 turns.
Rank 4: Create 5 charged tiles.
Rank 5: Decrease timer to 1 turn.

blueflag.png Vibrating Blast. 10 AP.
944360-859947_shocker_large.jpg
Electro charges his gauntlets, firing a shocking blast, dealing 480 dmg and stunning the enemy one turn.
Rank 2: Increase damage to 850
Rank 3: stun 2 turns
Rank 4: Increase damage to 1450
Rank 5: Increase damage to 2150 and stun 3 turns.

yellowflag.png Petty Larceny 11 AP.
shocker1.jpg
True to his roots, The Shocker is keen to make the next big score. Destroy a 2x2 square, dealing 320 damage and destroying a random charged tile.
Rank 2: Increase damage to 450
Rank 3: increase radius to 3x3.
Rank 4: Increase damage to 680
Rank 5: Increase damage to 950 and gain AP for charged tiles destroyed.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blueflag.png As a villain, he needs some drawback, (edit here, didn't like my first response, so will re-think and add it) (and fix his name, you called him Electro icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gif ) and you have a winner here.

2nd edit: Ok, went through this again, Instead of a drawback, lower his HP, he is a pure damage dealer and tile creator, so his drawback would be to make him squishy, then you could use him with 4Thor to help create charged tiles, she could tank for him.

He may be a tiny bit OP, but with low HP, that would balance him out very nicely.

3rd edit:
    yellowflag.png Targets a selected charged tile and destroys the surrounding tiles. Gaining 1ap per charged tile destroyed and dealing damage.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    What if good vibrations converts tiles similar to scarlet witch, and vibrating blast consumes hem; wipes them from the board.

Vibrating blast only stuns if charged tiles are present, and good vibes only creates charged tiles at rank 4 or 5...
  • ronin_san
    edited July 2015
    Options
    nvm. Disregard.
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    charged tile, eh? now that i think about it, only Thoress and Ragnarok can create charged tiles... heh, thanks for your imput on my star.png lethal joke character version of Shocker (Classic)

The reason why I made my version of Shocker so OP is because in-canon, he's treated like how non-comic book readers assumed Squirrel Girl be like (we know she took down Thanos). In the Marvel Universe, if Shocker actually gets his act together, he can potentially become a formidable threat. But his self-destructive nature from his low confidence hinders him.

That's why I make his ability based on the reflection of the character rather than the game mechanics. So please tell everybody else to visit my page and give me extra imput on his blackflag.png Ability please.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31043
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did you change this? some of it says electro.