So it is suppose to be a grind...

In the past, the developers have stated that they want the game to go more "casual." I do not remember who said this, but if I'm wrong, please let me know.

The comment on Ultron 2 appears to mean that want us playing this game for hours. I love playing this game, but really?

Of course, no one in the ultron thread has noticed this inference.

Just commenting about my addiction to this game. Not complaining either. Just observing.

Thanks,

James

Comments

• This game (at least to me) has always been, and most likely always will be a grindfest if you are aiming to rank high up in most events... If you play extremely casually and don't care too much for rewards like i am now after coming back, then you can avoid the grind, but if you want top tier rewards in more popular events, expect to have to grind for a least a little while depending how strong your roster is...
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    James jack wrote:
    The comment on Ultron 2 appears to mean that want us playing this game for hours. I love playing this game, but really?

A casual alliance could clear say 4 round of Ultron without it getting grindy. They could pick up something like 12 Ultron tokens in that time which would convert to maybe 3 3*s and 100 HP. That's a pretty good return for a casual player.

I play casually. I did get a bit grindy on Ultron, but I skip events that don't appeal to me, I stopped missing sleep or planning work breaks around the game. And still with DDQ, tokens and timing event entry correctly I manage to keep my roster ticking over.

The thing is, I didn't get any of the new release 4*s, I don't get 8 covers of a new release 3*. But for all that I have fun playing the game. And when it's not fun I stop playing. There's no weight or obligation to play. If I have bad luck I can just walk away, I don't need to grind another 300 points and maybe buy health packs. People complain about 3D 'making' them play a certain way and they don't. There are many ways to play this thing and have fun.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Eddiemon wrote:
    A casual alliance could clear say 4 round of Ultron without it getting grindy. They could pick up something like 12 Ultron tokens in that time which would convert to maybe 3 3*s and 100 HP. That's a pretty good return for a casual player.

As a casual player in a casual alliance I can say that achieving 4 rounds in Ultron 1 was possible, we did it, but a far dream for Ultron 2 (we ended up halfway through the third). Both felt grindy but Ultron 2 was the worst offender as it was both harder and far less rewarding. We did not all have SW and only her nodes gave away Ultron tokens. My Ultron 2 session felt like a never ending series of tedious games mostly rewarded with 20 iso.

In my situation making the required character the one you could only win in Ultron 1 had more consequences than the harder scaling slope to make it harder to get the 4*.