SW
HBIM
Vision 5-6/5-11
Thoughts?

Comments

• Get ready for 2* Cyclops?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad Quicksilver and Vision are total garbage so I don't have to obsess over getting their covers?
  • Don't forget 3 star Bullseye coming up too...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Get ready for 2* Cyclops?

read that as 2 eye cyclops. Why would they even make a new 2 star?
  • for new players of course
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Get ready for 2* Cyclops?

read that as 2 eye cyclops. Why would they even make a new 2 star?
    Cyclops does have 2 eyes...
  • As things stand now? Meh.

If I didn't already have a constant shortage of roster slots and HP? More intrigued. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 Star character. Inconsequential, easily obtainable from PvP, no worth me complaining over.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I love new characters. Bring it on!
    I'd rather play an event for something interesting than just another round of Spidey covers.

I've said this several times and I'll continue to stand by it. The issue has never been one of too many characters. Removing/slowing down what's FUN in this game is not the answer.

1) Players need more consistent ways to afford the ever increasing costs of roster slots.
    DDQ's aren't reliable enough and even if they gave a set 25 HP on one of the nodes it wouldn't help with the ever INCREASING costs of roster slots with time.

2) Give players a means to better TARGET their cover acquisition.
    There are probably dozens of ways to do this but some examples could include:
    - offering a selection of reward characters per event rather than just one
    - recycle 10 undesirable 3* covers and receive a free 3* train up token (aka crafting system)
    - create several alternate Heroic recruitment pages so people can choose where to spend their tokens
    - run a lot more concurrent events that aren't season mandatory
    - create a '3* train up' token and give this out as part of PvE final progression making it available to all player tiers.
  • That's the whole point of almost everything in the system of this game though, to constantly push you towards feeling like you need to buy HP for the ever increasing roster slots, which I can accept up to a point, they need to make something for their work after all and I'm ok with dropping some money their way occasionally, but if a new character every week were to become the new standard it would become completely unsustainable without constant payments. So I really hope that's not where this is going.
  • Alucard_I_Am
    Alucard_I_Am Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    When they did the 3 back to back pve chars and stole our stocked dd tokens I was a bit ticked off because I had to drop one of my duplicate covers to open a slot without buying hp. But with sw and hb I didnt feel the pain because the ultron event gave plenty of hero points to be able to open the slots eventhough they are costing me 1k hero points already.

If they keep putting in tokens like they did in ultron event where you could get either 2900 or 250 I think plus the Daily deal for the token was 50 hp plus you had a chance at wining the new chars. Also pvp scores dropped dramatically since there was so much going on when you could actually get on.

Vision does seem a bit early. I would have the hero points for him if I didn't try so hard in pvp and spend about 650-800 hps in shields to break 1k to get the 4* cover and somehow win first.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I'm glad Quicksilver and Vision are total garbage so I don't have to obsess over getting their covers?

And who? Did you mean Scarlet Witch?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Get ready for Ant-Man soon. Jessica Jones not far beyond that. On top of all the other that are rumored.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:

And who? Did you mean Scarlet Witch?

I mean Vision. Look at the Thick as Thieves event that just started.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I read through all of Visons abilities, adds an entirely new dimension to the game, new skills with new mechanics, he looks like quite a bit of fun to use!
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been 6 characters in 7 weeks, but meh. Close enough. I've actually found it to be less terrible than I thought it would be.
  • My thoughts are: they said publically last year they were aiming to release lots of new characters this year, and they are keeping their word.

I decided long ago to pick and choose my events. Hasn't stopped me from doing fine across the board really. The game isn't going to change.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    No problems. Everyone received 850+ HP each week for each of the last six weeks, right???

So many covers means much more time between rewards. Nearly 40 3*'s, when will be the next time we see a SW PVP? Even with PVE rewards or DDQ thrown in there, each new character spreads these rewards thinner and thinner.

It may be time to consider T250 for first cover, T100 for two covers (in all events).....
  • babinro wrote:
    I love new characters. Bring it on!
    I'd rather play an event for something interesting than just another round of Spidey covers.

I've said this several times and I'll continue to stand by it. The issue has never been one of too many characters. Removing/slowing down what's FUN in this game is not the answer.

While I do agree with your solutions to better afford / better cover the new characters, I do believe that there is a separate issue of burnout from releasing so many characters. People in top alliances (both of us included, I'm sure) strive to get more than 1 cover for these events so the incessant, non stop grind is just painful. I would LOVE to see a round of Spidey covers after a Hulkbuster event. Then maybe after I've gotten that week of rest, go ahead and release Vision.

Also, are new characters really the solution to the new players that are constantly complaining about getting bashed in on PvP? If I were a new player, having access to a PvE that rewards Lthor or Patch would be far more valuable than 3 Vision covers or even 3 Hulkbuster covers...