Why did you nerf PvE awards?

simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
50 HP as the top ranking prize for a 4 day event? Seriously?

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    50 HP as the top ranking prize for a 4 day event? Seriously?

It's not like we need the hp for, like, buying roster slots or anything... right?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Is it possible that the brackets are smaller? That's the only way that the reward structure changes would make any kind of sense.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    All the ISO and HP progression rewards are also halved. 25 HP where there's usually 50, 140 ISO instead of 250, 500 instead of 1000, etc.

The hell?
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    I notice no reward of +3 all AP boost anymore?
  • simonsez
    Is it possible that the brackets are smaller? That's the only way that the reward structure changes would make any kind of sense.
    It really wouldn't though. If the brackets were halved, they should keep the rewards the same and adjust the rank tiers correspondingly. Either way I'm going to be top 10, whether there are 1,000 people or 200 people in the bracket. The amount of each individual award shouldn't be based on that.
  • Trojax2010
    Trojax2010 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Well haven't they essentially halved this PVE? It used to run each sub twice I believe. Now its 1 day each sub and then the main map?
  • simonsez
    Trojax2010 wrote:
    Well haven't they essentially halved this PVE? It used to run each sub twice I believe. Now its 1 day each sub and then the main map?
    So what? There are PvEs shorter than this one that never gave out such paltry awards. Hell, the first sub of Enemy of the State had 200 HP as a rank award.
  • Trojax2010
    Trojax2010 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I don't like to see smaller rewards either but I think its just part of the changes they were talking about with this new 7 day PVE schedule. Hopefully its just a mistake but I assume they want to limit some of the HP going out. I hope we see high HP rewards for the TaT subs like in EOtS.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just looking at them against the rewards for EotS, it's basically exactly half. So I guess we can expect the same from whatever 3 day event they run after, basically showing us that they want to control hp/week (or similarly per day). So, 100 in placement plus 50 in progression per week? I'm hopeful that the sub rewards will at least remain the same so that top 10 can get 100 hp and top 50 gets 50 hp. If those are cut in half as well we'll know they didn't really think it through.

to above, was the first sub 2 days long? That would fit with the thought that they are standardizing all of these rewards on a per day/week basis.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    mohio wrote:
    Just looking at them against the rewards for EotS, it's basically exactly half. So I guess we can expect the same from whatever 3 day event they run after, basically showing us that they want to control hp/week (or similarly per day). So, 100 in placement plus 50 in progression per week? I'm hopeful that the sub rewards will at least remain the same so that top 10 can get 100 hp and top 50 gets 50 hp. If those are cut in half as well we'll know they didn't really think it through.

to above, was the first sub 2 days long? That would fit with the thought that they are standardizing all of these rewards on a per day/week basis.
    Were the first subs in eots 2 days? These last few have been 24 hours.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is already a topic for this. Please continue to discuss it there.
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29195
This discussion has been closed.