Joss convinced me to quit.

From his Twitter statement: "When you keep doing something after it stops giving you pleasure, that’s kind of rock bottom for an addict."

Which means, regarding MPQ, I've been at rock bottom for a while now, so I'm out.

Devs, sincere thanks for 554 days of fun and entertainment. It may have been something of a love-hate relationship at the end, but you helped introduce me to some genuinely cool people, so let's call it a win.

Djangos, past and present, you were always the best part of this game, and I hope to see you in chat.

PAD peeps, ditto.

To everyone who sticks with the game, I wish you the best of luck -- y'all have more stamina than me. (Which my wife would probably say isn't setting the bar particularly high, but still.)

Comments

• wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    "When you keep doing something after it stops giving you pleasure, that’s kind of rock bottom for an addict."
    Personally, I'm just giving up one grindy addiction for another: Marvel Heroes 2015. At least that one doesn't feel like being in an abusive relationship.

Regular useful giveaways. Store specials that actually are a discount and not just a cheaper way to have a chance to win something you might want. Devs that announce when character revisions are upcoming so you have the option of not investing time or money in that character until it's revised. Constant events that provide better rewards.

I think a lot of my current rancour towards D3 is solely over spending time with an F2P that doesn't feel like it's exploiting a player base it holds in contempt.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    The devs are Marvel Heroes are amazing with feedback and communication. Also, try out marvel future fight which is another f2p mobile that just came out, I've been slowly logging more and more time into that one
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    cyineedsn wrote:
    The devs are Marvel Heroes are amazing with feedback and communication. Also, try out marvel future fight which is another f2p mobile that just came out, I've been slowly logging more and more time into that one

Ooooooh, I like the look of that Future Fight dealy. I might have to check that out.

Marvel Heroes is a very solid game. I've been saying that D3 should be more like them for something like a year now icon_e_smile.gif Their communication, implementation of feedback, and general attitude towards giving free stuff away almost non-stop is amazing. They almost give away too much stuff.

My latest favorite is Terra Battle, personally.

Looks like another one bites the dust. Good luck in future games, OP.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I'm enjoying the hell out of Future Fight, Just won my HulkBuster today and I'm working on getting him leveled up. icon_e_biggrin.gif

EDIT: Forgot to mention I've only got one more Biometric to earn and I will have War Machine too!
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    You might reconsider how fun future fight is after a month. I've already logged a month into this game, and mowadays im just going in to get the daily reward and nothing else. It gets extremely grindy after 3*s. I took more than 2 wks to get 40 BW biometrics to upgrade her to 3*, and that is with 3 maps offering her biometric on top of whatever freebies i got. I don't even want to know how long i will take to upgrade cap and iron man. And considering the path to 4* takes 80 biometrics, another major ugh

And unlike mpq, where you can survive without 4*s, it's impossible to get further in the game without upgrading beyond 3*. I have only 3* BW and captain marvel now, and i havent touched chapter 6, even though it's been more than 3 weeks since I cleared chapter 5, because I know i would just get destroyed at the boss even if i keep swapping them for skill usage
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Final Fight is an okay diversion, in my opinion. I haven't slapped a ton of time into it, but it seems to be a nice distraction from time to time. What I don't think it is is a game for a lot of the folks around here. I say this because, like the guy above said, there's gigantic paywalls build into progression, and you'll either pay over the wall or be forced to grind for weeks to pass one single wall. tl;dr it's a great casual game but a bad "serious" game.

I've said this in a lot of the resignation threads lately, but, Final Fantasy Record Keeper is a pretty fantastic game, if you're looking for something that is not very demanding. There's no PvP, so even if you do fall behind, it's okay.

If any of you guys pick either of these games and you're on Line, feel free to drop me a message and I can drop you an invite to rooms.

(Also, fearless plug, I can invite to MPQ rooms, too.)