Enemy AP

Niq6
Niq6 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm not a newbie to the game but I will admit that I learn new things about it almost every day. When I would play a PVE event that had a hero on the opposite team, I would keep an eye on the AP that they would accumulate to warn myself of any attacks that might be coming. With the update, it actually pops out instead of having to physically have to look at it. That's when I noticed the AP that would accumulate for the other enemies (Maggia, Shield agents, etc.). How do they earn AP if they don't make any moves other than when one of their attacks go off? What I've noticed is that they accumulate more AP than I do. How is that possible?

Hopefully I explained myself correctly.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    All goons gain 1-2 ap per turn in the colors that they use for their powers since they don't move the board.

This was recently asked/explained well here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29109
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    The non-hero AI (Goons) auto-generate APso they can fire their abilities, but do not do any tile matching. The Heros/Villains tile match for their AP.

However, when it's a mix of both, you have Goons feeding the Heros/Villains and it can be flippin' devastating. Another poster recently pointed out Goons feeding Wolverine in the current PVE and having multiple Adamantium Slashes in a row.

I
  • Niq6
    Niq6 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Another poster recently pointed out Goons feeding Wolverine in the current PVE and having multiple Adamantium Slashes in a row.

I

That's exactly what I'm talking about except it seems that it's not just 1-2 AP per turn. Just as a test, I played a level in the Dark Reign storylines to see what happens per turn and on one turn, they earned 6 yellow AP. That seems way off.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Niq6 wrote:
    Another poster recently pointed out Goons feeding Wolverine in the current PVE and having multiple Adamantium Slashes in a row.

I

That's exactly what I'm talking about except it seems that it's not just 1-2 AP per turn. Just as a test, I played a level in the Dark Reign storylines to see what happens per turn and on one turn, they earned 6 yellow AP. That seems way off.

That's 2 yellow AP per goon, which is in line of 1-2 AP per turn.