How to see what Developers have said.

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
To see what the developers have posted here recently, click on (Last post, as of May 6)
IceIX -- April 26
David [Hi-Fi] Moore -- May 6
Demiurge_Anthony -- May 5
Demiurge_Miles -- May 4
Demiurge_Kabir -- May 5
Demiurge_Kevin -- March 11
Demiurge_Will -- April 27

And less frequently
Demiurge_Al
Demiurge_Chris
Demiurge_Eric
Demiurge_Nick
Demiurge_Owen
Lakestone
Electroblast
ColdFire
D3PCS

There are currently several threads asking when the developers will address a particular issue. Some of them are of the form "It's been two days since we've gotten an answer"

The developers cannot answer
1. Every variation of
2. Every question asked by
3. Every person
4. Every day.

They should definitely drop in and answer questions somewhere occasionally. And they do, now. Used to be that they didn't, but those were darker days. Click on the links to peruse what developers have said.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    First off, nice of you to get these links up so that we can check what they have written. With that said, Kabir and Miles are the only ones that have posted anything. Miles put a stop to one rumor and closed a thread down. Kabir helped someone that was having trouble installing the R75 update and said they are looking into the other events and should have an update today. Its 2pm Central time now, and I haven't seen anything yet, but it is only 12 in West Coast. Other than that, it has been sparse communication lately. Its almost like they know that people are upset about things, and they don't want to deal with it. Its what I used to do when I did something wrong and my parents would ask questions...just put my head down and don't say a word, hoping it will all go away. I think most of us just want a conversation where we get some answers. I know I don't want one sentence answers that majority of the time just bring up more questions, but by that point, the dev has already logged off and the thread gets nasty. We just want answers to some basic stuff...that's all.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 wrote:
    First off, nice of you to get these links up so that we can check what they have written. With that said, Kabir and Miles are the only ones that have posted anything. Miles put a stop to one rumor and closed a thread down. Kabir helped someone that was having trouble installing the R75 update and said they are looking into the other events and should have an update today. Its 2pm Central time now, and I haven't seen anything yet, but it is only 12 in West Coast. Other than that, it has been sparse communication lately. Its almost like they know that people are upset about things, and they don't want to deal with it. Its what I used to do when I did something wrong and my parents would ask questions...just put my head down and don't say a word, hoping it will all go away. I think most of us just want a conversation where we get some answers. I know I don't want one sentence answers that majority of the time just bring up more questions, but by that point, the dev has already logged off and the thread gets nasty. We just want answers to some basic stuff...that's all.
    It's almost like they have jobs. And deadlines. And a game to maintain/add content to. I'm sure they'll answer all of the important questions when they get a chance. Or David will. Or Ice will.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    I've turned this into a poll. Developers can stop on by and plead their case for why we should vote for them.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi-Fi and Kabir win. They answer PM's and help fix issues when regular support fails.. fans of them!
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 wrote:
    It's almost like they have jobs. And deadlines. And a game to maintain/add content to. I'm sure they'll answer all of the important questions when they get a chance. Or David will. Or Ice will.

If I remember correctly, one of them is supposed to be the liaison between us the players and them the developers. That would mean communicating with us is his/her job. Also, if they continue to piss off more of the vets (I am not a vet) and people continue to leave bad reviews which has been posted many many times in the last couple of weeks, that would mean less new players to continue to grow the game. If that happens, they may not have a game to develop which means they may not have a job at that time. So, please hold the sarcasm as I was not being sarcastic, just putting my thoughts on this forum which is what the forum is for.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    My voice echoes that of the previous poster. The developers announced a long while ago that they had assigned one of their staff the position of liaison between themselves and the MPQ community. I believe there is so much anger at their silence and lack of comm. because we remember their announcement of that liaison. I myself understand the insanity of having to juggle a busy work schedule, but at the same time, if I've informed my customers that their questions will be answered by a certain individual and nothing happens...then I've opened myself up for scrutiny and negative feedback (and I'd only have myself to blame too). Some players will simply always hate, but others take businesses seriously when they're promised something, and only then get upset when promises aren't kept. To me the whole Ultron event and the successive days following have felt like an ostrich with its head in a hole. I remember their appointment of a forum liaison, so no, a busy workload is not a reasonable excuse, as liaisoning per that individual should be part of that workload.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    zonatahunt wrote:
    I believe there is so much anger at their silence and lack of comm.

Four different developers have posted messages in the past two days! That is neither silence nor lack of communication.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    zonatahunt wrote:

Four different developers have posted messages in the past two days! That is neither silence nor lack of communication.

But nothing of any real substance. Nothing that addresses the real concerns voiced repeatedly here. On all pertinent matters they have been silent and failed to communicate. So far.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    zonatahunt wrote:

There's a difference between writing something on the forums and writing something on the forums worth substance. I think a lot of the issues people have is that there hasn't been any in-depth response to our concerns regarding MMR changes, lack of seed teams, the second running of Ultron, etc.

I understand that they may be holding off so they can chose their words wisely, but after a certain point silence is deafening.

Edit: DrStrange-616 beat me to it, haha.
  • We shouldn't have to search to see what the devs said. Whether that means they get a twitter/email account "what the devs said" topic, etc.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    zonatahunt wrote:

Nonce, I have always enjoyed and valued your contributions to the MPQ community so with complete respect I'll just say lets agree to disagree. icon_e_biggrin.gif

While yes, there have been four posts in two days, none of those posts showed that the developers were interested in creating a dialogue regarding all the questions the user-base has been asking. Everyone all over the world is asking anyone in power for transparency, and while this is a game, the developers hold all the cards and we're simply cronies playing the game and writing their paychecks; I think all we want is some transparency. I for one would love to stop turning to the barn house for the torches and pitchforks!
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    DuckyV wrote:
    I think a lot of the issues people have is that there hasn't been any in-depth response to our concerns regarding MMR changes, lack of seed teams, the second running of Ultron, etc.

MMR Changes -- That's a much older topic. A few weeks ago I saw a 3 day span where MMR was ridiculous. I don't see a problem currently. If you're seeing an MMR problem, post the problem you're seeing within the event where the problem is occurring.

Lack of Seed Teams -- At the start of the Beast event today, I took down 8 seed teams. Get in early, and you'll get seed teams.

The second running of Ultron, see Could we please get some official comment on Ultron run
    We started looking into this today. I hope to have more to say about it tomorrow.

He posted that yesterday. It might be valid to complain tomorrow, but for now, patience is advised.

EDIT: Avengers vs Ultron Run 2 Score Targets was just posted by Kabir.
  • JamieMadrox
    Not to nit pick, but not all of the red names are developers. IceIX is the producer, David is the community manager, etc.
  • dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    I would just like to say I don't care about whether you respond or not. People are going to be unhappy but at the same time it would be nice to know you're reading and giving feedback. I'm at 141 days in and I have no complaints other than a (11) 2*s having a better draw rates than (30+) 3*s plus (8) 4*s and new characters. I usually find news from my alliance and the forums. Most of the info I receive I interpret as good changes(MMR, DDQ, Token Rates) and of course the bad changes (Nerfs, MMR, and New Characters). I spent a total of $50 on this game compared to the $100s others spent and I would like to know that my investments are for the better, so I can keep investing. Honestly I appreciate the effort in doing this. Its just it could be better. But thanks for posting this, now I know you do care.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I'd actually like to see this thread stacked. I tend to avoid the forums for a while when the toxicity level exceeds my tolerance, and try to look for posts from "red names" when I pop back in.

Edit: fixing autocorrect.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    I'd actually like to see this thread stacked. I tend to avoid the forums for a while when the toxicity level exceeds my tolerance, and try to look for posts from "red names" when I pop back in.

Edit: fixing autocorrect.

I might make a thread similar to this vein soon. Going to wait before I do anything until after the forum maintenance though. icon_lol.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    You might want to add nicolas_liquid. He was logged in when the forum reverted to its proper form, and is an administrator.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    To update the list:

IceIX -- April 26
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore -- May 11
    Demiurge_Anthony -- May 8
    Demiurge_Miles -- May 4
    Demiurge_Kabir -- May 11

So effectively there as been no red participation in the forum for TWO days. Either there is something big coming, or they forgot about us. Either way, more communication would be appreciated.
  • JamieMadrox
    MarvelMan wrote:
    To update the list:

IceIX -- April 26
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore -- May 11
    Demiurge_Anthony -- May 8
    Demiurge_Miles -- May 4
    Demiurge_Kabir -- May 11

So effectively there as been no red participation in the forum for TWO days. Either there is something big coming, or they forgot about us. Either way, more communication would be appreciated.
    You mistake participation with posting. I see their names in the "who's viewing" section A LOT. This means that they are reading what we're writing, but likely don't have time to respond in an adequate fashion right away.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Davey Crockett, for the win.