Nobody attacking, no retaliations?

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
In Red Shift, my shard ends in an hour and a half.. i am shielded, but it feels like a waste.. not a single person has attacked or retaliated.. got to 400 points last night, shielded when i went to bed, woke up, nothing... left myself unshielded all day.. nothing... played some more at lunch, got all the way to rank 33.. shielded again (going to try for top 25 when it is 20 mins to go or something.. and still... not a single one.

Did something change? Same team i always use.. always get mauled many times over in every pvp.. did they change something?

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    your lucky i was attacked over 7 times in the last 20 mins
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    My attacks were definitely down overall, but I also have a decently strong group (Cyclops-Doom-Scarlet all 210+), so I figured it was just easier teams took the brunt of some of my hits. Still saw some towards the end (including 3 near instantaneous during my last hop), but definitely not like it has been on the climb up.

They are constantly tweaking (even unannounced), but depending on when and how quickly you shielded, it's possible you just weren't in a lot of queues for one reason or another, and weren't worth it to those who did find you. Or your slice is just dead.

I wouldn't expect a repeat in the next event.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why did you shield at 400 points? That feels like a pretty low number to shield at. I do notice the trend that there is very little movement at the end of a pvp. I was under the impression I was gonna be kicked out of Top 5 within the last 3 hours of my bracket since it was kinda close. Nobody bothered to move up during the last 5-6 hours of Scarlet Witch pvp besides those already low trying to climb. Anything over 800 was totally shielded.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    you were lucky to be in shard where so many people went over 1k points, so your 400 were not worth hitting. Simple truth.
  • Malcrof
    Why did you shield at 400 points? That feels like a pretty low number to shield at. I do notice the trend that there is very little movement at the end of a pvp. I was under the impression I was gonna be kicked out of Top 5 within the last 3 hours of my bracket since it was kinda close. Nobody bothered to move up during the last 5-6 hours of Scarlet Witch pvp besides those already low trying to climb. Anything over 800 was totally shielded.

Last season, if i went to bed at 400 points, i would wake up in the low 200's.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sitting at 25 points in Beast, and just got hit. Whatever magic you had working isn't in effect over here...
  • Malcrof
    Well, it is almost over, and i am at my best score in a PVP ever at 729, i won't make top 25 ( never have), but if it because people skipped me because i was too much hassle, i am sorta proud of that.. thank you iso reduction!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    You didn't get booted from your alliance, did you Malcrof? If you've been sandboxed (can't join alliance, nobody attacks you) you won't get attacked by anyone. I know, because I've been sandboxed twice in the past week :/.
  • Malcrof
    Puce Moose wrote:
    You didn't get booted from your alliance, did you Malcrof? If you've been sandboxed (can't join alliance, nobody attacks you) you won't get attacked by anyone. I know, because I've been sandboxed twice in the past week :/.

Nope, asked an alliance mate to try to find me and attack me since we are in the same slice, he couldn't, owe him a beer for all the iso he spent in skips.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    My guess is that since Beast is the reward for 6-100 not that many people are playing.
  • Malcrof
    Either way, finished #36, my personal best in a PVP, have not started beast yet, wanted to get a cover for him first since i have none.. This way i get to try out 2 of his abilities (loaner blue, and green from placement).
  • Malcrof
    Puce Moose wrote:

How does someone get sandboxed?
  • PuceMoose
    Malcrof wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:

I am not sure of the exact procedure, but I believe it stems from an account being flagged for being unusual compared to the average roster - excessive ISO-8/HP/etc., odd characters (like three maxed four stars and no other characters, for example). In short, I think they put suspected cheaters in the sandbox so that they can't interact with other players. I believe I was sandboxed because of my relatively large ISO-8 stash - customer service resolved it for me on Monday, and reinstated me as a "normal player", but I was put back in the 'box a few hours ago.
  • Malcrof
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:

I am not sure of the exact procedure, but I believe it stems from an account being flagged for being unusual compared to the average roster - excessive ISO-8/HP/etc., odd characters (like three maxed four stars and no other characters, for example). In short, I think they put suspected cheaters in the sandbox so that they can't interact with other players. I believe I was sandboxed because of my relatively large ISO-8 stash - customer service resolved it for me on Monday, and reinstated me as a "normal player", but I was put back in the 'box a few hours ago.

youch, any ideas the thresholds? i am re-stockpiling my iso
  • PuceMoose
    My problems started shortly after I hit two million ISO-8 in the bank, for what it's worth. I've been playing since release and am a notorious hoarder. Also, just to clarify, this is all pure speculation on my part, so for all I know there could be some other reason why my account was flagged.
  • I was only attacked twice in my run, found it a little odd myself.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I'm sitting at 25 points in Beast, and just got hit. Whatever magic you had working isn't in effect over here...
    that's funny simon - I did the 3 seed teams plus a match to put my A team on defense (about 100 pts) and someone hit me at 100 pts, and I left 166 Lthor and 140 Loki. really don't like the new pvp arrangement. old system was much easier to hit progressions. I hit 700 twice right before the switch and haven't sniffed it since. probably could have here, but I refuse to spend hp for earning beast...or dr.ock for that matter. I did get hit several times over the last day - but much less than normal. I guess spidey, rags, and colossus are next? blegh.
  • SuperSkrull
    SuperSkrull Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    This is entirely my own speculation so take from it what you will. I was in a shard where only 4 people went over 1000 pts, I wasn't that invested in the PvP after the Ultron-athon, so I was entirely unshielded and only gunning for 600pts minimum. Hit twice for negligible pts during climb and hit for 60 pts in last 90min, finished 621. Main teams used XF/Doom and LT/Hood

What was different to last season was the climb. Instead of seeing 249/166/166 from 200pts onwards I was seeing a lot of under levelled and partially covered 3*s +/- boosted 2* from 100-550 then a creep up to the 166 wall. My guess is the big change has been the reduced ISO costs. Everyone has been stockpiling ISO and/or striking it rich during ultron and suddenly people have been levelling up their characters. It definitely feels that these 3 star teams are the new fodder replacing the ole 94/94 teams, especially if you have one of the boosted character at a high level.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Malcrof wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:

youch, any ideas the thresholds? i am re-stockpiling my iso

If you are worried about sandboxing try to hit a name you recognize - alliance mate, someone from the forums, etc.

If they don't see you hit them - either defensive win or retaliation - you should talk to customer service. I thought you would also disappear from your alliance, but could be wrong.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    In Red Shift, my shard ends in an hour and a half.. i am shielded, but it feels like a waste.. not a single person has attacked or retaliated.. got to 400 points last night, shielded when i went to bed, woke up, nothing... left myself unshielded all day.. nothing... played some more at lunch, got all the way to rank 33.. shielded again (going to try for top 25 when it is 20 mins to go or something.. and still... not a single one.

Did something change? Same team i always use.. always get mauled many times over in every pvp.. did they change something?

Wow! Wish I had been in that slice. I was at 675 and ranked 22 and shielded with the shields expiring with about 40 minutes left in the event. As soon as my shields expired, I got hit several times for a massive total loss of 156. Dropped all the way down to 72. Would like to try and get to 1000 in Real McCoy only because I need the Star Lord redflag.png . Don't think that is likely but worth a shot.