Can We Have A Choice?

D2KM_
D2KM_ Posts: 134
I think it would be amazing if we the players were able to choose which color we receive for a cover we get from a token pull. We all know the odds of pulling gold tokens. Although they have been improved they are still not that great. And what's worse is when you actually do pull a gold cover, only to realize its one you cant use because it is in a color that you already have maxed. I cannot begin to tell you how many black panther blue covers i have pulled icon_rolleyes.gif and had to sell off for an amazing 500 iso...but what if I was able to apply that cover to a color I actually need, like black icon_e_biggrin.gif just knowing that you can choose what color you want to apply a pulled cover to would definitely add to the excitement and fun of pulling a gold cover. It would also assist in the acceleration of giving players usable covers and allowing gamers another opportunity to make the transition to 3 and 4* rosters a little easier.

Still keep the specific covers earned for rewards in events ( although making 4* release rewards the same structure as 3* releases would be an amazing change, as would eliminating the random aspect of assigning which color covers are set for tiers of rewards, but i digress icon_e_wink.gif). But allow the players the choice to choose which color cover they want in token pulls icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    It'd be kinda nice if they could implement a keep it / trash it / stash it type system where you can either redeem the cover immediately, sell it for ISO or - for the new mechanic - use the unneeded cover as a deposit towards a cover of your choice from the same rarity level. I don't know what the threshold would be for that... maybe 5 or 10 3* covers to get a 3* of your choice.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    D2KM_ wrote:
    I think it would be amazing if we the players were able to choose which color we receive for a cover we get from a token pull. We all know the odds of pulling gold tokens. Although they have been improved they are still not that great. And what's worse is when you actually do pull a gold cover, only to realize its one you cant use because it is in a color that you already have maxed. I cannot begin to tell you how many black panther blue covers i have pulled icon_rolleyes.gif and had to sell off for an amazing 500 iso...but what if I was able to apply that cover to a color I actually need, like black icon_e_biggrin.gif just knowing that you can choose what color you want to apply a pulled cover to would definitely add to the excitement and fun of pulling a gold cover. It would also assist in the acceleration of giving players usable covers and allowing gamers another opportunity to make the transition to 3 and 4* rosters a little easier.

Still keep the specific covers earned for rewards in events ( although making 4* release rewards the same structure as 3* releases would be an amazing change, as would eliminating the random aspect of assigning which color covers are set for tiers of rewards, but i digress icon_e_wink.gif). But allow the players the choice to choose which color cover they want in token pulls icon_e_biggrin.gif
    love the idea, it was suggested that they make them colorless but no bites. hope it get implemented it is much needed.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it could be worked into the rankings too. PVE t150 gets the given cover, t100 gets color of choice, t50 gets given cover and one color of choice. PVP t100 gets given, t75 gets choice, etc.... the trade in/trade up would be helpful as well.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I suggested something similar to this, having tokens give you a choice, but events stay as is. I think giving selections out to events would just lead to less competition, though, as people would just settle in for 80 as opposed to wanting that rank 10 cover. At least with events, you know what you need to work toward. Tokens? Oh sweet, my (28%? lol right) chance to get gold. Sweet, gold! Now I have a 3% chance it will be the character I need, and another 33% the cover I need...so the odds of drawing the cover are abysmal, and get worse as more are added.