Moar Villains Week: The Blob

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited May 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
I've got a bit of a soft icon_lol.gif spot for The Blob, because he conjures a memory of my childhood, watching The ooooold X-Men cartoon in the early 80s. So here's my take on Blob.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png The Blob
11000 HPs.
item104314.1.jpg

Belly Flop /aka Cannonball. blackflag.png 7 AP.
The-Blob-e1335198900394.jpg
The Blob splashes onto the field, destroying a 5x5 group of tiles. Deal 1100 dmg plus environmental. End turn.

Some muscle - mostly fat. yellowflag.png 8 AP.
DUAQW9Z.gif
The Blob is hard to take out. Place two :defense: tiles of strength 250 protect.png tiles. At max level, place 3.

Immovable Object. purpleflag.png Passive.
757471-the_hulk_4.jpg
ALL attacks against The Blob end the enemy turn. If a protect.png tile is in play, stun the enemy one turn.

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had considered how to build The Blob's power myself recently. My thought was to give him a power like the Colossus Yellow countdown that moves him in front. But instead of reducing damage by a percentage, it makes him immune to all damage that is not from a cascade.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The purpleflag.png is sorta genius. That would make for some interesting maneuvering in PVP. How to scale it with covers though.. Ends turn and destroys the protect tile generating AP (like energy absorption) scale AP generation and number of protect tiles destroyed maybe?
    blackflag.png is great, but not sure what you mean by environmental?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Environmental means associated tile dmg.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Environmental means associated tile dmg.

Gotcha, for a second i thought they were bringing environmental boards back! (which having never played one, would love to see!).