New AP Bar blocking you from swapping target?

I know that the new AP bar has gotten some good positive feedbacks, but there is this issue that has been bugging me during my gameplay.

Usually during PvP hop, PvE Grind, or when I'm in a rush, I often try to do the games fast. And the AP bar kind of blocks me from selecting different opponent. I'm well aware that it's just a tinykitty bit of second, but it does add up over time and it still bugs me.

I know we may not get any change or fix like last time when goon AP bar showed up. Therefore, could you please also keep this little concern of mine into your consideration next time you decide to further improve the AP bar?

Thank you.

Comments

• mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    The enemy ap info is handy. Especially when your trying to time an attack to launch before you are pounded with a dangerous enemy's superweapon.

However I think it would be better if you could toggle the bar between pinned, auto show/sliding and original hidden with the scroll option. That might be a good comprise that would please all camps.

Personally I preferred it the way it was before the update as I exclusively play on my mobile phone with a 5 inch screen and thus like dreadlord find it makes the game harder to play. Must be tricky on even smaller devices.
  • @Dreadlord...yes, i have also experienced that the AP bar pop has hindered my swapping of targets. especially when i'm moving quickly on hops.

marc
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    is it me or does it no longer indicate how much AP the enemy gained/lossed? I found that to be just as useful as the total amount they have.

For example when Hood steals it just shows their new total, not how much he took, I find this odd.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    mjh wrote:
    is it me or does it no longer indicate how much AP the enemy gained/lossed? I found that to be just as useful as the total amount they have.

For example when Hood steals it just shows their new total, not how much he took, I find this odd.

Yep, they should put the AP change after every turn back in. Perhaps options to include whether you want the bar, the changes, or both? I'd probably choose both.

Having to re-check every total after every turn is annoying, as opposed to knowing that they need 6 more red to fire their ability and then seeing that they just gained 3, for example.
  • Just noticed this myself last night...

Add me to the list of "mildly annoyed" by the change. Not the end of the world, but frustrating, especially when trying to grind quickly.

DBC
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Agreed it appears to be slower but there was always a little latency before your turn, I'm not 100% confident the AP bar has lengthed that or we're just annoyed b/c it's new.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    mr_X wrote:
    The enemy ap info is handy. Especially when your trying to time an attack to launch before you are pounded with a dangerous enemy's superweapon.

However I think it would be better if you could toggle the bar between pinned, auto show/sliding and original hidden with the scroll option. That might be a good comprise that would please all camps.

Personally I preferred it the way it was before the update as I exclusively play on my mobile phone with a 5 inch screen and thus like dreadlord find it makes the game harder to play. Must be tricky on even smaller devices.

Agreed. When I'm doing AP steal (Aggressive Recon, Furious Charge, etc). , in the old setup I could see exactly what I drained. With the new setup, I see the entire enemy pool, but I don't necessarily know where it was before. I liked the more granular "You just drained all of the enemy Black and Red" from a Furious charge than the current "Well they're empty on 4 colors, but I'm not certain which ones I just dropped"

Having said that, Options are the way to go if at all possible. Let people customize their experience to what suits them best.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I don't particularly like how the bar also interfere with depleting/stealing oppositions AP notification. But I do like the bar though, don't get me wrong, but it's a minor drawback.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Bump, for the bar also not showing steals and drains.

:+/