Could we please get some official comment on Ultron run 2?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Obviously the player community was in a bit of an uproar over the second Ultron event over the weekend.

Leaving aside question of potential compensation or the reasonableness of certain player expectations, can we at least get some official comment on the design philosophy for for this event?

As far as we players can tell, only 2 alliances completed all 8 rounds. Was that the intended difficulty level? Too high, too low? What was the reasoning behind increasing ultron's health by approximately 100% from event to event?

I applaud the dev team for trying New things and I think that overall, the player response to the Ultron event was pretty positive, but there was significant player feedback about both runs of the event. And to date we have only received fairly sparse comments (and mostly adequate compensation) for the first run.

Thanks!

Comments

• esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Vhailorx wrote:
    ...can we at least get some official comment on the design philosophy for for this event?

As far as we players can tell, only 2 alliances completed all 8 rounds. Was that the intended difficulty level? Too high, too low? What was the reasoning behind increasing ultron's health by approximately 100% from event to event?
    Thanks!

I'd really like to know too.

I felt like run 1 was pretty close to a good difficulty. Run 2 seemed like punishment for having a life.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    esoxnepa wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    ...can we at least get some official comment on the design philosophy for for this event?

Thanks!

I'd really like to know too.

I felt like run 1 was pretty close to a good difficulty. Run 2 seemed like punishment for having a life.

And with the outage at the beginning, we missed a bit.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,578 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Obviously the player community was in a bit of an uproar over the second Ultron event over the weekend.

Leaving aside question of potential compensation or the reasonableness of certain player expectations, can we at least get some official comment on the design philosophy for for this event?

I applaud the dev team for trying New things and I think that overall, the player response to the Ultron event was pretty positive, but there was significant player feedback about both runs of the event. And to date we have only received fairly sparse comments (and mostly adequate compensation) for the first run.

Thanks!

I'm fairly sure that the increased difficulty was due to a 4* being the prize rather than a 3*. They've pitched the game so that on any 4* introduction event the covers are significantly harder to get. From what I've gathered, the second event required near-perfect play by the entire alliance. My own alliance (Skrull Empire) got 2 covers, which I was actually pretty happy with.

I'd definitely be interested in that official comment, though. I don't know if that was the intended difficulty - I'd be interested to hear if it was.
  • Lack of communication is always an issue
    A different difficulty isnt so crazy but if a very few group could access to it, it does seem like a miscalculation on their part
    The event overall was ok, but its a shame the difficulty affected the rewards
    The top alliances probably got 2 as Skynet did, but is even worse to those that only probably got a single one, making it no better than the usual pve run
  • We started looking into this today. I hope to have more to say about it tomorrow.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    We started looking into this today. I hope to have more to say about it tomorrow.
    let's start small, was it your intent that only 2 alliances complete round 8?
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    We started looking into this today. I hope to have more to say about it tomorrow.

Wow, that was really passive aggressive.

I'm pretty happy they responded in the thread at all and that they're crafting a message. This was a new event and they've previously stated that while it had plenty of issues, better to try something new to improve the game than not. There's a ton of data to consider from the 2 events, and honestly they were likely working every bit as hard as hard to fix things and keep them running as any of us did clearing nodes and downing Ultron.

Actually I'm being too kind. I assert they definitely worked harder based purely on having been a part of a massive free to play event launch at a different company.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:

I'm pretty happy they responded in the thread at all and that they're crafting a message. This was a new event and they've previously stated that while it had plenty of issues, better to try something new to improve the game than not. There's a ton of data to consider from the 2 events, and honestly they were likely working every bit as hard as hard to fix things and keep them running as any of us did clearing nodes and downing Ultron.

Actually I'm being too kind. I assert they definitely worked harder based purely on having been a part of a massive free to play event launch at a different company.

48 hours and 1 sentence with no info whatsoever. Yeah what is the matter with these posters. They should just put there hand out begging for more poreage and stop complaining.

Why on earth would they expect a fun and rewarding competition to celebrate the release of the biggest marvel movie to date.

For shame
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards

After being locked out of the first round and much of the second I finished the event on 999,000 points.

I'm not looking for 'compensation', but I think that's a tragicomic score to end on.
  • Daniel0wns
    Daniel0wns Posts: 4
    Run 1 was an okay pace. The second run was a requirement to live on the game with sunlight causing point loss.
  • upvoted, I already put in a ticket for D3 setting us up to fail but I'd still like some official word
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

Thanks Kabir.

Feedback is appreciated and I look forward to hearing more from demiurge on this topic.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Hopefully you get treated with a lot more respect in this next go-around
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:

48 hours and 1 sentence with no info whatsoever. Yeah what is the matter with these posters. They should just put there hand out begging for more poreage and stop complaining.

Why on earth would they expect a fun and rewarding competition to celebrate the release of the biggest marvel movie to date.

For shame

Porridge.

And actually, yes it was a fun and rewarding event. Riddled with problems, yes, but very rewarding. I know I added a lot of Gold covers to my roster. I do hope they post some numbers from the events. Hours played, total Ultron kills, number of 3*s awarded. By pretty much any relevant metric, I'm pretty sure this would classify as a Success.

And more importantly, they got a lot of data around what worked and what didn't. They can fix the issues and do better next time. I'm over 300 days into this game and still enjoy it. It's a great game (and has flaws like any other), and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Your mileage may vary.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    evil panda wrote:
    Hopefully you get treated with a lot more respect in this next go-around

If that is the goal he (by which I mostly mean the PR team) is going to have to do SIGNIFICANTLY better than that comment and the ones before. That said, I hope he is treated with more respect. More importantly, I hope that respect is mutual.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker

Actually I'm being too kind. I assert they definitely worked harder based purely on having been a part of a massive free to play event launch at a different company.[/quote]

For shame[/quote]

Porridge.

And actually, yes it was a fun and rewarding event. Riddled with problems, yes, but very rewarding. I know I added a lot of Gold covers to my roster. I do hope they post some numbers from the events. Hours played, total Ultron kills, number of 3*s awarded. By pretty much any relevant metric, I'm pretty sure this would classify as a Success.

And more importantly, they got a lot of data around what worked and what didn't. They can fix the issues and do better next time. I'm over 300 days into this game and still enjoy it. It's a great game (and has flaws like any other), and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Your mileage may vary.[/quote]

Clearly your attention to spelling does not extend to understanding the gist of the message. I was not commenting on the enjoyment of the tourney rather by the vague response that you were so enamored by.

Not everyone enjoys scraps but your mileage may vary.