PVP progression rewards need tweaking, again

2»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be more willing to wrangle with the PVP changes if a token were achievable at 150.

300 just feels like 'no chance' at this point.
  • If the numbers are coming down from 1000 it'd be a rich gets richer thing. While there's certainly nothing hard about hitting 1K for the top roster, something like 850 would be a range you won't even need shields to hit reliably and all this does is decrease revenue for D3. They've said there's a certain HP target they're looking for to reach the major point threshold. They should simply offer that amount of HP + some number of games won as an alternative method of acquiring the cover. For example if D3 would like you to spend 1000 HP to hit 1000 rating, what they can do is still offer the cover at 1000 rating but you can also just pay 1000 HP once you meet some other requirements. You won't be allowed to do both because otherwise some people will just get 2 4* per event and if you later somehow hit 1000 that's your own problem. I'm guessing there's some internal value to determine the strength of a player so they can just use that to determine whether a game should count with this method.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with phantom that the 1000 point progression does not need to be lowered. Lowering it would let more people get 4* but it would still be the top people. The 4* transition does need help, but lowering the progression rewards is not it.
    The 4* issue is there are 10 4* characters and 9 are rotated as #1 placement and 1000 progression. So if you want to win all the covers for HUlk Buster you would be able to earn 1 every 3 weeks for the 1000 progression. That is 39 weeks if you did not win any already and more 4* will be comming out.
    My suggestion would be to run two 4* PVP per month. This would mean the new 4* who came out and an older 4*. Instead of having the prize just be #1 they would look like this.
    1-5 Three covers
    6-10 Two covers
    11-50 one cover
    51-100 a 3* cover.

This is how rewards use to be for PVP over a year ago with 3* and 2* covers. Would I like top 25 to be 2 covers sure, but the Devs want 4* to be hard to get and more rare so that is why I suggest top 10 and top 50. This would let more 4* transition players actually transition instead of watching there 4* sit around to almost a year to get covers and become playable.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    wymtime wrote:
    I agree with phantom that the 1000 point progression does not need to be lowered. Lowering it would let more people get 4* but it would still be the top people. The 4* transition does need help, but lowering the progression rewards is not it.
    The 4* issue is there are 10 4* characters and 9 are rotated as #1 placement and 1000 progression. So if you want to win all the covers for HUlk Buster you would be able to earn 1 every 3 weeks for the 1000 progression. That is 39 weeks if you did not win any already and more 4* will be comming out.
    My suggestion would be to run two 4* PVP per month. This would mean the new 4* who came out and an older 4*. Instead of having the prize just be #1 they would look like this.
    1-5 Three covers
    6-10 Two covers
    11-50 one cover
    51-100 a 3* cover.

This is how rewards use to be for PVP over a year ago with 3* and 2* covers. Would I like top 25 to be 2 covers sure, but the Devs want 4* to be hard to get and more rare so that is why I suggest top 10 and top 50. This would let more 4* transition players actually transition instead of watching there 4* sit around to almost a year to get covers and become playable.

This is similar to what i had in my mind about 4* transition, but it needs just a bit of tweaking to something like this:
    1 - Three covers
    top 5 - Two covers
    top 25 - One cover, with separation of t10 - same amount of covers different HP & ISO

You cant really expect that they give more 4* covers for t10 than they currently give 3*?
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Forgot to say this as well, time slices in PVP have to disappear, and be replaced with rotating end times. Choose any model you want, but make it so each PVP finishes certain amount of time after the previous one has ended. It can be 3hr, 4hr or 6hr after - but seriously it will eliminate current situation that you can hit all progression rewards if you are in the right time slice or win with 700 in dry time slice. Reward structure suggested in post above can only make sense if we are all in the same time slice. But to be fair to everyone who plays the game, just delay end times by certain time, and it would solve all problems.