hilarity with new mmr

Options
dr tinykittylove
dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Is this working as intended?

http://imgur.com/WGXyEVK

So, I have a perfectly functional army of high-level 3*s. I also have a handful of 1*/2*s capped at level 40/50 that I like to use in pve and against seed teams in pvp and lightning rounds.

Last night, I started off Red Shift with my crack squad of Loaner Witch, lvl 40 miniDaken and lvl 40 Moonstone. Fell asleep in the middle of my second match.

Woke to 2 attacks from an unmaxed 1* roster. For serious, they attacked me with lvl 35 1* Storm and a 1 cover IW.

I skipped the poor chap, found the usual 3* matchups, didn't play. Then this new person showed up.

Are we being matched with others of similar rosters, or defense teams similar to what we can field? Because this seems like a funny way to go about things.

Want some low level opponents to crush? Kill a seed team with your tank team and collect retals. I never bothered tanking under the old system except a couple of times as an experiment, but I don't think I've ever been matched with opponents this... new. Especially the unmaxed 1*s. I should have screencapped that.
I'm not going to stomp on the poor noob. I may be considering which jokers I can throw at them. It won't hurt... too much.

Comments

• esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    Did you look at his roster? It could very easily be a "bait" team.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    esoxnepa wrote:

I looked at both their rosters. They're the real thing, rare, elusive, critically endangered noobs...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    esoxnepa wrote:

I looked at both their rosters. They're the real thing, rare, elusive, critically endangered noobs...

We were all those noobs once.. take the points, who knows what will change with everyone leveling like crazy with the iso reductions.