New Storyline Events - Point One Lead-ins

Options
Mawtful
Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Cross posting this from the suggestions forum, for more coverage:

I feel a little bad complaining about stale PvE events so shortly after Ultron, however the idea of running through Thick as Thieves or Hulk or The Hunt, etc. makes me feel bored already.

I understand that there's a little bit more work involved in creating new story content, but I was thinking that something like the Marvel "Point One" issues could be good to help set up for possible future events. These Point One comics (usually marked as issue #0.1) tend to serve as lead ins to an upcoming story and can be a good point for new readers to jump in.

I imagine that even a small generic kind of event could be "reskinned" to serve as a point one for multiple other events. For example:

A hypothetical "Days of Future Past" event is planned.
In "Point One: Days of Future Past" a number of different mutants are powered up - survivors of both X-Men and Brotherhood have given up their old rivalry and banded together to survive. Enemies could be reskinned doombots/sentries/etc.
Single event tab (no subs), possibly even non-competitive (like oiginal Gauntlet), powered up characters but no essentials, not necessarily difficult but only a short (3day) event. Event rewards the character which will be featured in the main event to follow.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Sounds like some great ideas!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yes a new story, or you mean new ANNOYING AI, just like they do whit Enemy of The State, or Ultron.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thread per discussion please, even if they are in different forums.
This discussion has been closed.