Hit Point Recovery Rates

Sword user
Sword user Posts: 72
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
First, I'd like to thank the devs for their efforts and attempts to make changes.

Second, I'd like to get input on the healing rates of various characters and what people think. The hit point expansion has lead to much longer games, but I think more problematic are the incredible lengths of recoveries. GSBW has a 5 hour from zero recovery for me at a mere level 131! That's really off-the-charts! And longer battles mean more damage, but no additional way to heal damage after the fights.

Is this for depth of roster? Because I'm not sure about that, the levels just don't allow for much depth in B team and C team. Is this to increase delay or sell health packs? Maybe. It is a definite slowing of the game pace for me.

Would it hurt the game to increase the recovery rates for characters, or just make them closer to the percentage that they were before? Is that just too much advantage? Because it doesn't seem like that when Wolverine is adamantium slashing me for 4,000, which I know will cost that character 3 hours to recover from even if I win. Which frankly is part of the problem I have right now, it feels like I lose even when I win.

Anyone have thoughts, suggestions?

Comments

• I agree it is a problem, and a simple one to fix... change the rates so they heal faster. It is obvious that this is an attempt to sell more Hp for health packs.
  • stevenbrule
    stevenbrule Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I think the Devs have repeatedly said they make very little money off of health packs, so it's safe to assume that's not it - as often as players repeat it. I would like at least a slightly faster heal rate, but I really appreciate the level of roster diversity I'm encountering in PVP now: very few XMags, Sexgoddesses, or Patch-Laken combos that used to be ubiquitous. With the health upgrades, we have additional reason to try new characters.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    I (and others) said this exact thing after the True Healing incident, and they didn't do anything, so it's extremely unlikely they're going to make any healing recovery rate changes at this point. They obviously think the amount of time people can play per session is enough, using 5 health packs and different characters.
  • I think the Devs have repeatedly said they make very little money off of health packs, so it's safe to assume that's not it - as often as players repeat it.

I guess that is the naive why to take it. It is sort of obvious that they are trying to change the fact that they don't make money on them... The Ultron event probably sold more health packs than they have ever sold before... and then factor that they ran other events with it concurrent... I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theory creator, just stating the cold hard facts. If you go through the Ultron threads, you will see WAY more mention of people buying health packs than you have ever seen before, on the forum.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thamanator wrote:
    I think the Devs have repeatedly said they make very little money off of health packs, so it's safe to assume that's not it - as often as players repeat it.

I guess that is the naive why to take it. It is sort of obvious that they are trying to change the fact that they don't make money on them... The Ultron event probably sold more health packs than they have ever sold before... and then factor that they ran other events with it concurrent... I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theory creator, just stating the cold hard facts. If you go through the Ultron threads, you will see WAY more mention of people buying health packs than you have ever seen before, on the forum.
    Really? I bought zero HP during both runs 1 and 2 of Ultron, and I ended up with 1.2 million (stopped to give alliance mates the chance to hit 1 mil) and 1.85 mil (got tired of seeing Sentries).

Granted, my rosters needed the 8 hrs to recover afterwards, and I ignored EOTS and PVP until after I was done, but I think none of us vets bought HP for Ultron.

Noobs might, but with fluffy scaling they probably had no need to.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Thamanator wrote:
    I think the Devs have repeatedly said they make very little money off of health packs, so it's safe to assume that's not it - as often as players repeat it.

Really? I bought zero HP during both runs 1 and 2 of Ultron, and I ended up with 1.2 million (stopped to give alliance mates the chance to hit 1 mil) and 1.85 mil (got tired of seeing Sentries).

Granted, my rosters needed the 8 hrs to recover afterwards, and I ignored EOTS and PVP until after I was done, but I think none of us vets bought HP for Ultron.

Ultron is the first time i bought health packs, and my wife did as well, as did a few RL friends. All for nothing as everything crashed and we lost what we were working for, and did not get the cover compensation (we were under 100k from beating round 6 when it all died on run 1 )

Learning experience, will never buy health packs again.
  • I agree this feels like I grinding a pve every 3 days and going against a lv350 2* deken ares and jugs every fight. And once I hit the 500 mark even with a max required character I loose half the points. This was tailed only for the sole purpose of selling health packs IMO. Also the transition to 4*s is far away.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    While I think most of the recovery rates are fine, a couple of characters seem really (*really*) slow. 2Thor comes to mind.

Sure, it's the same rate as 2Storm, but 2Thor has nearly twice as much health, as will thus take nearly twice as long to heal.

As for health packs, they're just fine. Rare is the time that I find myself needing more, and it's usually when I try punching above my weigh class, or do too many things. Trying to do Ultron, PvE and PvP was one of those times. Health packs rates and amounts are just fine, IMNSHO.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    There should *never* be a situation where a character takes more time to recover than it takes 3 health packs to recharge (108 minutes?). I can either chose to spend 3 health packs (assuming all 3 characters were significantly injured in the previous fight) or wait for them to recover.

A maxed out 2* Thor takes over 5 hours to recover. Five hours.
  • Malcrof
    Cymmina wrote:
    There should *never* be a situation where a character takes more time to recover than it takes 3 health packs to recharge (108 minutes?). I can either chose to spend 3 health packs (assuming all 3 characters were significantly injured in the previous fight) or wait for them to recover.

your screenshot shows the buffed level 134 character. I noticed this as well, but when i went and did a quick level 1 match for my daily deadpool points, he only needed 3+ hours after that match to recover. No chance at him taking damage, so didn't bother to swap him out for my 3thor.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think IW is around 10 hours to recover from dead now, sucks going to be with 0 kits and waking up to find she's still injured.
  • Malcrof
    Wonder what a maxed IMHB's recovery time is if he is downed.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:

your screenshot shows the buffed level 134 character. I noticed this as well, but when i went and did a quick level 1 match for my daily deadpool points, he only needed 3+ hours after that match to recover. No chance at him taking damage, so didn't bother to swap him out for my 3thor.

Being buffed doesn't change your recovery rates: it's based on your base level as far as I can tell. I'm playing a level 40 She-Hulk in EotS, buffed level 130, and she never takes more than an hour to recover. OBW is not buffed but is expected to recover in just under 2 hours (1431/3430 hp).

She-Hulk is regenerating 1hp/tick in the normal team selection, 3hp/tick in the EotS team selection.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Thamanator wrote:

Just contributing my experience. I generally do not buy health packs ever. During the second run of Ultron, i purchased 3 sets of Health Packs (1 set during rd 7, 2 sets during 8). I went against my normal behavior because i knew that my entire alliance had to play nearly perfectly to clear round 8. Any other event...if i run out of health packs, i just put the game down.

easy...marc
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Wonder what a maxed IMHB's recovery time is if he is downed.
    One Health Pack because there's no way I'm gonna sit there and deal with that.
  • Downed my 2hor today, noted the health refresh time, realized I wouldn't be using him for a looong time... icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

DBC