Ultron event should of been a season event

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
They should of ran the entire event the whole season, why do i say that you ask. Think about it you go to the movie now and go man that would be cool to fight ultron just to find out the last day to fight him was 2 days after the movie came out... I could see fighting him a week ahead of time to push the movie BUT where is the hype to keep the movie going, Also you bring all of these new people into the fold with the event and then go.. Well now its over if you want to keep playing your going to either be forced to play PVE or PVP. Then again how did doing the Ultron event even bring new people into the game, the game was set up for older players, New players had no chance at getting anything from the ultron event.

I guess they wanted to get the new people used to getting the **** beat out of them so they would under stand how major of a bith the PVE grind now is and how Fuk up the PVP is icon_e_smile.gif

really though the event should of lasted the entire season even if round 3 to the end of the season only netted you ISO

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Well that would give you something else to complain about all season long, so there's that. Go level a new toon. I hear it's much cheaper now and should cheer you up.
  • slidecage
    Ludaa wrote:
    Well that would give you something else to complain about all season long, so there's that. Go level a new toon. I hear it's much cheaper now and should cheer you up.

all my toons are bankrupt they invested all their ISO in toon town, now they are all homeless icon_e_smile.gif

yea i might **** alot but since i gave them cash i have the right to complain when i see stuff i dont like, At least im not like some of the people here who go running to google or apple thinking they have the right to get their cash back if something gets changed .. you buy stuff at your own risk

then back to topic

Really though think about it why not run it longer and promote the movie
  • The various fights with Ultron amounted to maybe 30 total minutes of the movie - why make his event last for a Season? Short and intense is more "real".
  • slidecage
    shade_tree wrote:
    The various fights with Ultron amounted to maybe 30 total minutes of the movie - why make his event last for a Season? Short and intense is more "real".

Really? havent seen the movie going to go weds or thursday, how the previews i seen made it look the entire film was based on ultron fights

though it would still been pushing the new movie...
  • slidecage wrote:
    shade_tree wrote:
    The various fights with Ultron amounted to maybe 30 total minutes of the movie - why make his event last for a Season? Short and intense is more "real".

Really? havent seen the movie going to go weds or thursday, how the previews i seen made it look the entire film was based on ultron fights

though it would still been pushing the new movie...
    The previews are deliberately deceptive and meant to keep you guessing.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    They should of ran the entire event the whole season
    4 weeks of that?? Are you high?
  • Holy moly no. No, no, no, no, no.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    No kidding.

Between that and trying to get a new character in PvE, and trying to hit my 600 min PvP requirement......too much time spent playing MPQ. Not to mention the need for more health packs.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    slidecage wrote:
    yea i might **** alot but since i gave them cash i have the right to complain when i see stuff i dont like, ...

ROFL.

You gave them cash for a specific reward, which they delivered. Nowhere do I see "200 hp AND the right to complain, only $5 USD!".

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it should be a perma type event, give alliances a month clear it before it refreshes, with some nice rewards. Keep it around like DPD. It doesn't always have to be ultron vs avengers, mix it up. Great event, but too much stress in trying to do it so quickly. Take away the stress, and you have a great time killer for those looking to do it, a nice way to help players get things to help them build rosters and transition, and a way to promote alliances.

We have a casual alliance, didn't finish round 6 either time (would have on first run if not for server issues), but even people without 2* rosters got some nifty rewards, the scaling of the nodes made it easy to handle with a level 68 thor tanking (my tablet, which is in am alliance with other people's secondary accounts, not my main), and overall, i banked enough ISO that the reduction came at a perfect time!

Imagine an event like this with buffed baddies taking down thor or hulk instead of ultron, so many possibilities. Just remove the hardcore timer so we can enjoy it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    I think it should be a perma type event, give alliances a month clear it before it refreshes, with some nice rewards. Keep it around like DPD. It doesn't always have to be ultron vs avengers, mix it up. Great event, but too much stress in trying to do it so quickly. Take away the stress, and you have a great time killer for those looking to do it, a nice way to help players get things to help them build rosters and transition, and a way to promote alliances.

We have a casual alliance, didn't finish round 6 either time (would have on first run if not for server issues), but even people without 2* rosters got some nifty rewards, the scaling of the nodes made it easy to handle with a level 68 thor tanking (my tablet, which is in am alliance with other people's secondary accounts, not my main), and overall, i banked enough ISO that the reduction came at a perfect time!

Imagine an event like this with buffed baddies taking down thor or hulk instead of ultron, so many possibilities. Just remove the hardcore timer so we can enjoy it.
    The problem with that is: if the pressure is taken away, the rewards would be 1* covers and (very little) HP.
    Just look at shield sim.
  • If they want to run it again, and hand out 4-6 covers of newly popular characters, I wouldn't mind. Also the movie came out a week ago over seas. Only in America did it come out with a day left on Run 2.
  • blinktag wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    yea i might **** alot but since i gave them cash i have the right to complain when i see stuff i dont like, ...

ROFL.

You gave them cash for a specific reward, which they delivered. Nowhere do I see "200 hp AND the right to complain, only $5 USD!".

icon_mrgreen.gif

Lucky for all of us, the right to complain comes free of charge.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    If they want to run it again, and hand out 4-6 covers of newly popular characters, I wouldn't mind. Also the movie came out a week ago over seas. Only in America did it come out with a day left on Run 2.

The newly unvaulted of characters like BP etc would make for great rewards
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I think the Ultron events were too long... so burned that I don't even wanna fight the ninjas now...

but I do agree with this...
    slidecage wrote:
    New players had no chance at getting anything from the ultron event.
  • slidecage
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

you would have 4 weeks to get the stuff so you would play at your own time,